2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 French baguette
    2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
    In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
    Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
    Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
    Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

This does look killer! If I go out again tomorrow - this will be on the menu!

Comment

Wow, that does look good! That is a must try!

Comment

YEY!
        I hope you enjoy it.. the secret is in the sun dried tomatoes (make sure to chop them)
        and the balsamic in there gives it a unique twist.. I always bring it to BBQ's and have the bread pre toasted and then just let people scoop thier own helping of the bruschetta.

hint: it goes quick .. I always double the recipe.
        Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

OMG! Thats all i have to say!!!

LMK
          I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

I made this last night and it is REALLY good. It reminded me of my recipe but with the added sundried tomatoes. I'll share this one with my sister since she makes mine all the time. TY

Here is mine -

Bean's Bruschetta

Sliced tomatoes
            Balsamic vinegar
            Olive oil - extra light
            Basil
            Oregano
            Crushed red pepper
            S & P
            Parmesan cheese

Spray a baking dish with Pam. Pour some balsamic vinegar on the bottom, layer tomatoes with seasonings - sprinkle generously. Drizzle olive oil all over tomatoes and Parmesan cheese on top. Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Take out and stir and bake 300 for another 20 minutes.

I serve this with homemade bread -

Wine & Cheese Bread

1/2 cup white wine
            3/4 cup water
            1/4 cup olive oil
            3 1/2 cups bread flour
            1/2 cup grated full flavored dry textured cheese (gruyere, parmesan, romano or asagio)
            1 t. salt
            2 1/2 t. yeast

-additional toppings-grated cheese, dried herbs and/or kosher salt

Use dough cycle in your bread machine, when finished, (dough will be soft), turn out onto a floured board and divide into 4 pieces. Shape each piece into a rectangle, roughly 10 inches long, 5 inches wide and about 1/4 inch thick. Loaves should be free-form and rustic in style. Place on oiled baking sheets, 4 inches apart. Brush tops with a light coating of olive oil & sprinkle with additional toppings. Let rise until doubled, covered with clean kitchen towel, in a warm place, about 30-40 minutes. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes, until top is golden & cheese is browning. Cut along the width into 6-8 slices.

Makes 4 small loaves.

Comment

Working...
            X