Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Chocolate Brownies by I82Much

I82Much - Posted January 16, 2004 07:10 AM

I've been told by 4 separate people that these are the best brownies they've ever eaten, and none of them are family members lol. Here you go

Triple Chocolate Brownies (AKA Best brownies ever)

4 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
    1/2 cup butter/margarine
    1 1/4 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3 eggs
    3/4 cup flour
    2/3 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup white chocolate chips
    1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
    Line a 9" square pan (I only have a 7.5 or so inch pan which is why mine come out so tall. With a 9 they'd probably be a bit thinner) with aluminum foil so that the edges jut out beyond the edges. Spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray

Over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together in a large pan, stirring frequently. Add the sugar and vanilla and whisk together until velvetty smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. Add the flour and stir just till completely incorporated. Add the toppings all at once and stir in. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top how you like.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes (as per the original recipe, however mine are done after 30 with a smaller pan so I would certainly check them before). A little tricky to tell when they're done, a toothpick inserted in the middle should have a few moist crumbs - if it's dry it's been overdone. Fortunately it's pretty forgiving, I've made them about 5 times and have never had it fail.

Note - lack of baking soda/leavening is what makes them so fudgelike. Not a typo! The stir ins are just suggestions, I've made them with butterscotch chips and chocolate chips, you could do peanut butter, omit the nuts, it's pretty flexible.

Let brownies cool in pan. When cooled, use the overhanging foil as a handle to lift the brownies all at once from the pan. Place on a cutting board and carefully peel away the foil. I cut it into fourths then fourths again to yield 16, depending on how big your pan is you might want to adjust the size appropriately.
Working...
X