Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars by isis1

isis1 - Posted February 03, 2004 01:43 PM

I made these the other day and I can't stop eating them.Its so good!

Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars

1(10 oz) pkg frozen strawberries in syrup,thawed
    1 Tbsp cornstarch
    1(8oz) pkg regular graham crackers-its half of a 16 oz package of crackers.
    1 Tbsp sugar
    3 Tbsp margarine,melted
    2 Tbsp water
    3 (8oz) cream cheese
    1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
    4 egg whites
    1 egg
    1/3 c.lemon juice
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 Tbsp flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In blender,blend strawberries until smooth.In saucepan,combine strawberry puree and cornstarch;cook and stir until thickened.Cool.
    Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Crush graham crackers into crumbs.Mix crumbs with the 1 Tbsp of sugar.Combine graham cracker crumbs,margarine,and water;press on bottom of prepared pan.
    In mixer bowl,beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs,lemon juice,and vanilla;mix well. Stir in flour;pour into prepared pan.
    Drop strawberry mixture by spoonfuls over batter. Gently cut strawberry mixture with a knife to make a swirl pattern.Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set.Cool.Chill. Cut into bars.Refrigerate leftovers.
    Makes 28 servings

NOTE:When I made these,I only used half of the strawberry mixture because I didn't want that much strawberries on top.I used a sharp knife that I ran under hot water to cut it into small bars.I think it tastes better if you let it chill overnight in the fridge-or at least for about 6-8 hrs.
    If you want to make these lowfat then use the following:fat free cinnamon graham snacks(for the graham crackers)don't use the 1 Tbsp of sugar.
    fat free cream cheese
    fat free sweetened condensed milk

This sounds good, printing for dh and son-in-law.

Comment

Working...
    X