1 small can evaporated milk
    3 sticks butter
    6 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
    grated lemon rind (my addition)
    1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
    1 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Gradually add flour and baking powder and milk, vanilla and lemon flavorings. Add pecans and gently fold in blueberries. Bake in greased and floured large bundt or tube pan for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.

Wow, that sounds over the top good! I have lots of blueberries in the freezer. TY.

Comment

I just bought some blueberries today and was going to make another desert... but I'm printing this off and gonna try it tonight. hope I have some lemon flavoring... sounds like something we could have for breakfast

Will let you know ~~ THANKS!!!!
      Tessa

Comment

Don't have lemon falvoring.. do ya think I could skip this????
        Tessa

Comment

I'm guessing that if you add the lemon rind you might be able to get away without the lemon flavoring. BTW, we both ate a slice tonight with dinner. It is a keeper. Just be sure to use a large cake or bundt pan. I didn't and needed to clean my oven floor.

Comment

making this tomorrow as I decided to make another blueberry desert.. it's in the oven.. smells good.

I have SOOO many blueberries and DH is a desert-acholic!

Thanks for the head's up on the pan size (I need to clean the oven.. I'll wait )
            Tessa

Comment

I really thought I replied to this yesterday...oh well, will try again. This sounds great...I love pound cake and I really like blue berries. Am going to try this one. I'm just up the road from you a ways, ST.

Comment

Wizard ... hello neighbor! Have we met at the blueberry farm picking ?? According to my local friends, you guys had the most incredible fireworks display this year that they had ever seen. Go Alachua!

Comment

Definitely keeping this recipe!!

Mine is cooling on the counter. I split it up..a small bit in a loaf pan just in case it went overboard.
                  So far I've eaten 1/2 of it. I love the hint of lemon in it ~~ (went out this AM at 8:30 to buy lemon flavoring.. can't wait to use it more often!!!)

The Blueberry Boy Bait (from recipezaar) was a total failure..smelled delish but the batter was too "deliciate" to support the berries.

Still have some berries left, gonna get out my Mom's old recipe.. it's T&T and try after we devour this pound cake!

THANKS for sharing ST~~
                  Tessa

Comment

Tessa, did you snap a pic?

Comment

OHHH... DEAR.. I'll do it now.. but I had to have a piece this morning (as I finsihed the loaf yesterday) ***oink...oink*** and I usually don't eat sweets
                      Tessa

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/Tessa22/DSC_0003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/Tessa22/DSC_0005.jpg

I finely chopped my pecans.. as DH isn't a fan of chopped nuts.
                        Last edited by Tessa; 07-08-2007, 09:21 AM.
                        Tessa

Comment

Excellent pics!

Adding this to the menu for the next visit from the in-laws!

Comment

Tessa ..hope you have a pix .. mine tasted wonderful but didn't turn out pretty. Try picturing a pooch with four feet straight out .. that's what mine reminded me of. I had used a small Wilton cake pan, very pretty but not big enough to support this recipe. But, said it before, the recipe is a keeper.

Comment

nice pic's not a blueberry fan here tho ....will eat a muffin every great while, hubby loves them so maybe on my to try list!

TY

Comment

Working...
                              X