CHOCOLATE MILKY WAY POUND CAKE by Buckwheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHOCOLATE MILKY WAY POUND CAKE by Buckwheat

I have not tried this cake yet, but will do so Thursday after next. If anyone tries it, please let me know what you think. The person who sent it to me said it is moist and very good.

1 cup butter, cut up into pieces
    3/4 cup chocolate SYRUP
    8 Milky Way Bars 2.05 oz size, cut up
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 t. vanilla
    4 large eggs, lightly beaten
    2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    3/4 t. salt
    1/2 t. BS

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
    Grease a 12 cup bundt pan.

In a 4 qt. microwave bowl, combine butter, syrup, and candy bars. Heat about 5 minutes on medium (50%) power, whisking once. Whisk until smooth.
    Whisk in the sugar, then the buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
    Pour batter into pan. Bake for one hour and 30-40 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen cake from pan and invert onto a rack to complete cooling.

REMEMBER
    Use a bundt pan that holds 12 cups. If your pan is smaller DO NOT FILL to the top. The pan should have only 3/4 full of batter.
    DO NOT USE an electric mixer, use the whisk.
    Bake the cake on center of cookie sheet in center of the oven.
    Needs only a dusting of powdered sugar!

T&t

Coll'sCookin'

Posted July 28, 2004 10:56 AM
    I posted this Milky Way candy bar recipe some time back (maybe the old board?). I got it from a ladies magazine. It is quiet good, not super moist and a little goes a long way. IMO it needs a dollop or fresh whipping cream or ice cream and is great with raspberries too.

It freezes well and it great for company. I'd make it again. I also baked it in a large bundt pan.

Coll

Comment

Working...
    X