Peach Coffee Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peach Coffee Cake

Except mine is really Plum Coffee Cake, DD ate Peach PB&J's all week! lol I didn't pay attn and rolled them up from the short side instead of the long side so they're shorter and bigger around than should be but they're still real good. I gotta get some more peach preserves that mom made! AND, I only had 4 cups flour in my canister, so I got a new bag out of the pantry, opened it and it was full of weevils!!! , I didn't want to go to the store so I used wheat flour for the last cup. I can't tell if it made a difference or not. We all like pretty well!

Peach Coffee Cake

2 pkgs (1/4oz, ea) active dry yeast
    1/2 cup warm water (110°-115&#176
    1/2 cup warm milk (110°-115&#176
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tsp salt
    3 eggs
    5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1-1/2 cups peach preserves
    1 cup chopped pecans
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 tsp ground cinnamon

Glaze:
    1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
    1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2-4 tbsp milk.

*In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour, beat on low speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
    *Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hr.
    *Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 20"x10" rectangle. Spread with butter; top with preserves and pecans. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
    *Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at the long end. Pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet, curving ends to make a "U" shape. With scissors, make cuts every 1-1/2".
    *Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cakes. Cool.
    Attached Files

Re: Peach Coffee Cake

That looks amazing

Comment

Yum! Great pic!!

Comment

dh wants to try a piece !!!!!!!!!
        I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Thanks ya'll. CM, tell DH to come on over and have some, there's plenty!

Comment

i got peaches at the store for a salad and they were pretty good. growing up, peach season was always the hottest part of the summer...maybe we'll bake it when we're home for july 4th.

Comment

Looks delish, on my to try list!!!!!

Comment

NU!! That looks so goooood!!! Printing!

Comment

I'M GOING TO DO IT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND, AND ROLL IT THE CORRECT WAY SO IT WILL BE LONGER AND THINNER, AND IN A "U" SHAPE! : AND GET SOME PEACH PRESERVES.

DH TOOK ONE TO WORK AND THEY LOVED IT. THE TART PLUM WENT REAL WELL WITH THE SWEETNESS OF EVERYTHING ELSE. HE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY WHEN I TOLD HIM I PUT PLUM PRESERVES IN THERE! LOL

Comment

Looks very good and I am sure it's delicious. But not for me, I don't do yeast baking.

Comment

if the only fruit in it is the jelly, i 'll use apricot or strawberry since i have them already. dh is looking forward to it over the 4th...

Comment

it was gorgeous and yuuuum !

Comment

forgot to tell ya, used strawbery jelly since that's what we had. omitted the sugar in the filling, too, and it was fine without it.

Comment

Working...
                          X