c. shortening
    c. butter
    1 c. white sugar
    2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 c. chocolate chips
    c. shortening
    3 tbsp. light corn syrup
    2 tbsp. water
    Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 10" springform pan. In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, oil and water. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cook cake completely on a wire rack before removing from the pan. Slice a 1" thick slice off of the top of the cake and set aside.

To make the filling, whisk together the flour and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Set aside to cool completely. Once the flour and milk mixture has cooled, beat the c. shortening, butter, sugar and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the milk mixture and continue to beat for 4 more minutes. Spoon across bottom layer of cake and replace the layer sliced from the top. Combine the chocolate chips, c. shortening, corn syrup and water in the top of a double boiler. Heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Pour warm glaze over the top of the cake and smooth over the sides. Refrigerate until serving

Have to make this one for hubby, he loves Ding Dong snacks, Thank you for sharing
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to pick on rich women than biker gangs.

Comment

I make this cake all the time, only I make it into three nine-inch layers and put the cream filling in between two of them. We just prefer it that way. Every time I make it people go crazy over it.

Comment

Working...
      X