Strawberry Daiquiri Cheesecake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Daiquiri Cheesecake

Tomorrow is DD's 21st birthday, I made her the supper she asked for. She requested this cheesecake. Made it. Really good flavor. BUT..... It says reduce heat to 225...I think it should be 325. I should have listened to myself, but turned it down to 225, wasn't done in an hour and 10 min. I didn't change the temp on the recipe, because I haven't made it at 325. So cook at your own risk. I got it at recipe goldmine,

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakespiritP/strawberry-daiquiri-cheesecake.html

Strawberry Daiquiri Cheesecake
    Vanilla Cookie Crust:
    11 vanilla sandwich cream cookies, crushed
    3 tablespoons butter, melted

In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter until well combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.

Strawberry Filling:
    24 ounces cream cheese
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    5 teaspoons cornstarch
    3 eggs
    1 egg yolk
    1/4 cup light rum
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    3/4 cup sliced strawberries

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in rum and lime juice. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour the filling over the crust.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 225 degrees F and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny. Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Chill, uncovered, overnight.

Strawberry Glaze:
    2/3 cup strawberry preserves
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    2 teaspoons lime juice
    1 tablespoon light rum
    Whole strawberries

In a small saucepan stir together preserves, cornstarch and lime juice. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and stir in rum. Pour over cheesecake. Garnish with strawberries. Chill until serving time.

Makes 12 to 18 slices.

Re: Strawberry Daiquiri Cheesecake

This sounds so good. I am going to make it soon.
    Thanks, Paki

Comment

Working...
    X