Cake balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake balls

I made these last night and dipped the in chocolate and dipped some in both chocolate and coconut this morning....very good! I want to post my picture...but I'm not sure how! I used a yellow cake mix and chocolate fudge icing (that's what I had on hand.) Yummo! They look so fancy!

Cake Balls

1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (or your favorite flavor)
    1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting (or your favorite flavor!
    1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating (it took me about 16 oz's for 41 balls)

DIRECTIONS
    Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, (let cool 1 hour) and stir in the frosting until well blended (I used a hand mixer) Then I refrigerated the mixture overnight. The next morning I formed into balls (with a melon baller then I rolled them with my hands until smooth) on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and froze them for 1 hour (to make them easier to handle and dip in the warm chocolate.)
    Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
    Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. You can also roll them in pecans, heath chips, coconut, or anything else that sounds good! Place on waxed paper to set.

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/gess2/
    Last edited by Gess; 10-25-2008, 11:49 AM. Reason: I found out how to post the picture of them!

Re: Cake balls

This sounds easy!
    Thanks for sharing!!!!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sounds great!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Those look sooo good , im going to making them soon. Thanks for the pics too!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There's a thread from about a month ago for these (I'll try to find it). It has alot of different variations.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I just bumped it Gess.
            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
            X