• Show
Clear All

• Herbed Focaccia Bread

Herbed Focaccia Bread

1 C. water
    1/4 C. olive oil
    1 t. salt
    1 T. sugar
    2 t. (total) mixed herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil)
    3 C. flour
    1 scant T. yeast

-Additional olive oil & herbs, kosher salt for toppings

Use bread machine dough cycle per machine instructions.

After the cycle is finished, shape dough into a flat, rough circle on an oiled (pam) baking sheet (may sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal). Lightly coat top of focaccia with olive oil. Push your fingertips into the top, creating craters. Sprinkle top with kosher salt & additional herbs. Cover with clean/dry dish towel & let rise 30 -40 minutes. Oven at 375 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep a close eye on this, every oven is different. Cool on a large wire rack. Enjoy

Pic -

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sltrax/Focbre2.jpg

Bean!!!!! my sis has a bread machine for me and everytime I save one of these recipes for bread I feel just like hopping in the car and driving the 500 miles to get it!!

Saved to try ...TY

Comment

Originally posted by wishingstar
      Bean!!!!! my sis has a bread machine for me and everytime I save one of these recipes for bread I feel just like hopping in the car and driving the 500 miles to get it!!

Saved to try ...TY
      Well...what are you waiting for? Go GET IT?! LOL

Comment

Welllll...I do have 3 bags of bread flour needing to be used up ...OKAY!!!! it looks good and besides it will warm the house up...this is the chilliest June in my life!

Comment

I made it! VERY good tasting. will make this again. I think next time I will brush a little egg white on top for color. since I have no bread machine I kneaded it with my hands, it is a very thick dough and my hands got a mini work out, LOL

Editing to add update: hubby made sausage gravy and ate most of the bread!
          Last edited by wishingstar; 06-04-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

So glad you & your hubby liked it.

Comment

Bumping for shadow.

Comment

Ty!!

Comment

Question...

My bread machine pooped out on me. If I was to make without a bread machine, approx. how long would I need to kneed the bread and let it rise? Looks tasty!!!

Comment

YW shadow, I just used the pizza cuter and made bite sized pieces for the BLT dip.

Teresa, are you going to use a mixer/dough hook or by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Teresayo
                      My bread machine pooped out on me. If I was to make without a bread machine, approx. how long would I need to kneed the bread and let it rise? Looks tasty!!!
                      I just posted another "Focaccia Bread" with hand kneading instructions for ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X