• Show
Clear All

• Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe/copycat

Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe

Ingredients:

***Dough***

2 packages active dry yeast
    1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
    2/3 cup sugar, PLUS"PLUS" means this ingredient in addition to the one on the next line, often with divided uses
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 cup warmed milk
    2/3 cup butter
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    7 cups flour, or more if needed
    ***Filling***

1 cup melted butter, divided
    1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
    3 tablespoons cinnamon
    1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
    1 1/2 cup raisins, optional
    ***Creamy Glaze***

2/3 cup melted butter
    4 cups powdered sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    6 tablespoons hot water, more as needed
    Directions:

In a small bowl mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 Cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky). Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5-10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 min. Roll out on floured surface into a 15x20" rectangle.

Filling: Spread dough with 1/2 Cup melted butter. Mix together 1 1/2 Cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if desired. Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12-15 slices. Coat bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan and a 8 inch square pan with remaining melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans. Let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in bulk, about 45 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until rolls are nicely browned. Cool rolls slightly.

Creamy Glaze: Meanwhile, in med. bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add hot water 1 Tablespoon at a time until glaze reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.

This recipe for Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll serves/makes 12

I LOVE this recipe, it makes such a nice dough.
    Gee, doesn't seem to be enough butter in it, does it?

Comment

I have been making this recipe for years and we love it. The kids and I made it yesterday and they turned out great. The things that makes this recipe better than others, IMO, is the melted butter on the bottom of the pan adds flavor to the bottom of the rolls and the amount of filling seems like a lot when you're putting it on but it actually it just right by the time they rise and bake. I top mine with my own recipe of cream cheese frosting.

Comment

cream cheese frosting

Hey Julesinba,

Will you please post your cream cheese frosting that you use on the Cinnamon Buns? Thank you in advance.

Comment

My recipe isn't exact because it's one of those things I just eyeball, but this is basically it:

one 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
          1/2 stick unsalted butter (not margarine)
          1 t. vanilla
          powdered sugar (not sure of the amount because it depends on how thick you like yours)

I just beat this until smooth and keep adding powdered sugar until it's the right thickness for me. If it gets too thick I thin it out with a little milk. I love the cream cheese flavor on top of cinnamon rolls, but what isn't cream cheese frosting good on?

Comment

Thank you for the frosting recipe!!!

Comment

Working...
            X