X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prune Bread (or cake) by hunebe

hunebe
    Posted April 23, 2006 12:58 PM

I know that I have posted this before, but I just made it and it is soooooo good, that I thought I would share it again!!

Prune Bread (or cake)

2 cups sugar
    1 cup oil
    2 small jars prunes (baby food jars)
    (I can only find ones mixed with apples, plums work too, you can't taste the prunes)
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp baking soda
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup nuts optional

Mix together. Grease 2 loaf pans or 1 9x13 cake pan and bake at 350F until done; about 45 minutes.

It doesn't need a frosting. It is so good as it is.

LovestoBake
    Posted May 21, 2006 07:44 PM

That's just a bit different than the one I have.

PLUM-CRAZY BREAD

2 cans purple plums (14 ounces each)*
    1 stick margarine (1/2 cup)
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    2 cups flour
    1 cups sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon cloves
    1/2 cup raisins

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Drain the plums. Remove the seeds and puree the fruit in food processor. You should have 1 cup of pureed fruit. Heat pulp with margarine, stirring until melted. Remove mixture from heat and place in large mixing bowl. Stir in the soda. The mixture will foam and take on an ugly brown color. Donít worry about itÖI told you it is crazy bread! Let mixture cool to lukewarm. Add flour, cinnamon, cloves, and raisins. Mix well and pour into prepared pan. Bake 70 to 80 minutes, until center is firm. Test with a tooth pick. Cool 1 hour in pan, and then turn onto a rack. Serve warm. It is delicious. (NOTE: If batter seems dry, add a little plum juice. I used the remaining plum juice in lemonade to make punch.) Also, if you are in a hurry, use 3 jars of plum baby food (4 ounces each) in place of the canned plums.

*I use a 29 oz. can of plums usually, and I always have removed the peels, when I make a plum cake/bread, but reading this now, it doesn't say to do that. This recipe is from a local lady.

Comment

Working...
    X