• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super easy Crockpot "Pepperoncini Beef"

Super easy Crockpot "Pepperoncini Beef"

posted by Navymom on 2/24/2002

3-4 lb roast (anything on sale)
    several cloves of garlic (to your liking) I usually use 5-8 cloves
    1 jar Pepperoncinies (usually found in the Pickle asile at the grocery store)
    Provalone cheese

Slice garlic cloves into thirds lengthwise, make slits in the roast and insert garlic all over roast (depending on how much garlic you like) put roast into crockpot and pour pepperoncinis and liquid over roast, cook on low 6-8 hrs or until falling apart.
    Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone or mozzerella cheese, and your choice of condiments. When making the sandwiches, place meat in rolls, cover with cheese, and zap in a microwave for a few seconds. Don't forget to use the pepperoncini in the sandwiches.

I have made this and just served it as is for Sunday dinner.....it is so good and the sandwiches would be wonderful.
    [font="Comic Sans MS"][

Comment

Oh boy! I am making this right now as we speak. It's been in the pot for about 4 hours and the smell is making me hungry! I can't wait for it to be finished. I'll post how it comes out after it finishes.
      I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

II love this, but haven't made it since beef roast got so high. It's also very good with pork, so I may try to find that on sale. Actually have a jar of pepperoncini in the cabinet. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

This is one of my oldest DS's favorites. He is coming home from College on June 11th, so, I will be making it very soon!!

I add sliced onions to it when I cook it. Then, I toast sub buns, mix horseradish root with Sour Cream, spread it on the buns, top with the meat, pepperoncinis, and a couple of mushed up garlic cloves. Top with Provolone cheese, and stick it under the broiler until the cheese melts. HUGE HIT AT MY HOUSE...
          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

OMG Lauren I am going to try that next time! This was a huge hit at my house as well. I am please with how it turned out. At first I was nervous but it turned out pretty good. Definitely a keeper. I have been trying to find easy recipes to take to University with me so I'm not eating cafeteria food every night. I can't do the freshman 15 all over again.
            I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

[QUOTE=Engel;246935]II love this, but haven't made it since beef roast got so high. It's also very good with pork, so I may try to find that on sale. Actually have a jar of pepperoncini in the cabinet. Thanks for the reminder.[/QUOTE]

I found a 4lb roast for $4 here at Safeway. It was cheaper than what Costco and Sam's Club was selling it for!

Comment

Re: Super easy Crockpot "Pepperoncini Beef"

Here is another good one I found

Ingredients:
                3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef roast, sirloin tip or rump roast
                12 ounces (jar) Italian Giardiniera, drained, less if you want it less spicy
                12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers
                1 envelope Italian salad dressing (zesty Italian)
                10 ounce can condensed beef broth

Preparation:
                Place beef roast in a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Combine Giardiniera, pepperoncini peppers, dry salad dressing mix, and condensed beef broth.
                Add all mixture to crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 12 to 14 hours, until meat is very tender. Use a fork to shred for sandwiches and serve with crusty Italian rolls or crusty bread. Serves 10 to 15.

Comment

Gumby~ That looks like a cross between Italian Beef and Pepperoncini Beef! I bet its excellent and spicy. This sure does create a stir in the house when we make it , it smells wonderful and tastes great for days (If it lasts that long)...I remember when NavyMom posted it and weve been eatting it ever since too! Its DELICIOUS!
                  www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Love this recipe have been making t for years. Makes great sandwiches with provolone cheese melted on top. Yum now I wanna make it!

Comment

I have made this and just served it as is for Sunday dinner.....it is so good and the sandwiches would be wonderful.

Comment

Super easy Crockpot "Pepperoncini Beef"

Im going to try that one. It looks good. I figured I would put another recipe in here since it fits the title of "super easy".

beef pot roast
                        1 can stewed tomatoes
                        1 small/medium jar of green olives
                        1 chopped jalapeno optional

Empty all of it in the crockpot, turn on low. youll know when its done because you wont be able to keep your hands off it.

The last time I made it, it turned out a little salty. Maybe next time I will rinse the green olives with water. The juice from the jar last time probably caused the saltiness.
                        get a russian wife

Comment

II love this, but haven't made it since beef roast got so high. It's also very good with pork, so I may try to find that on sale. Actually have a jar of pepperoncini in the cabinet. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

bump......

Comment

I've made this, it was really good!Due to make it again sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X