DUNKLEY'S FAMOUS MACARONI SALAD posted by Fatkat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUNKLEY'S FAMOUS MACARONI SALAD posted by Fatkat

This recipe was hosted on Food Network's show Calling All Cooks. This is an excellent and quite different macaroni salad and even has a bite to it due to the cayenne and horseradish. I will include my changes to the recipe in paranthesis as I found it to be too salty the first time around.

DUNKLEY'S FAMOUS MACARONI SALAD

1 (16 ounce) package salad macaroni (I USE WHATEVER I HAVE ON HAND)
    1 cup celery, diced
    1 cup red onion, diced
    1 cup yellow or white onion, diced
    1 cup medium yellow cheddar, diced
    1 cup swiss cheese, diced
    1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
    1 cup dill pickles, diced
    1 cup hard salami, diced
    1 (6-ounce) can large, pitted black olives, drained and sliced
    1 TBS Lowry's garlic salt (I USED GARLIC POWDER)
    1-2 TBS fresh minced garlic
    1/4 tsp dried horseradish ( I USED FRESH PREPARED IN THE JAR)
    1/2 tsp ground white pepper
    1-2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp dry mustard
    1/2 tsp celery salt (I USED CELERY SEED)
    1 (3-ounce) jar diced pimentos, rinsed & drained
    1 - 1&1/2 cups mayonnaise

Add 2 quarts of water to a medium stockpot and bring to the boil. Add macaroni and cook until it is al dente (please do not overcook) about 9 minutes. Rinse until cool. Drain well and allow to dry out slightly.

Add pasta to a large bowl. Carefully fold in celery, onion, cheddar, Swiss cheese, parmesan, dill pickles, salami, and black olives. Refrigerate the mixture overnight (or at least
    2 hours). Mix the garlic salt (powder), minced garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard and celery salt (seeds) together. Add to the salad. Fold in the pimentos. Fold in 1 cup of the mayo to start. Add up to a 1/2 cup more at a time if needed. Refrigerate again for about an hour.

Re: DUNKLEY'S FAMOUS MACARONI SALAD posted by Fatkat

I've made this recipe many, many times and it is to die for! When I made this for a holiday dinner a few years back my oldest son couldn't believe how awesome it was. I don't use as much salt in it as the recipe calls for either.

Comment

Working...
    X