1 small onion, chopped
    1 c. Minute Rice
    1 c . water
    1 can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
    1/2 c. mild taco sauce
    1 envelope taco seasoning mix
    1-12 count pkg. taco shells, broken into pieces
    2 c. shredded mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Grease 11x7 baking dish. Cook rice with water. Cook ground beef and onion, until brown and crumbled; drain. Stir in rice, seasoning mix, Ro-tel, and taco sauce. Heat until warmed through.

Layer half of the broken taco shells on bottom of baking dish. Cover with half of the meat mixture; sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover and bake for 25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove cover and broil an additional 5 minutes to make cheese golden brown. Remove, allow to cool before serving.

Serves 6-8.

This is an awesome recipe!!! I love it!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Re: Cadillac Jack's Taco Bake Casserole

BUMP!
      FOR SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great for a big game or movie night!
      Serve with some extra scooping chips and some sour cream, extra taco sauce, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, grated cheddar, chopped olives, chopped jalapenos.!

Set all of that out and let folks help themselves!!!!!!
      Can't beat it!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Cadillac Jack's Taco Bake Casserole

Ive tried this one too! It is in my index files beside the microwave for easy reference.
        www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Cadillac Jacks Taco Bake Casserole

2 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
          3/4 cup butter softened
          2 15.25 ounce cans whole kernel corn, drained
          1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
          1 teaspoon onion powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a small baking dish. Blend together the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Gently fold in the corn, chives, and onion powder, and turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until heated through and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Stir the casserole after the first 20 minutes.
          Last edited by StephanieM; 12-31-2009, 12:08 PM. Reason: ease of reading

Comment

Re: Cadillac Jacks Taco Bake Casserole

Guess a Texan shouldn't trust anyone's else's Mexican food recipe. I'd been seeing this recipe on here for years and finally decided to make it last week - one for us, one for a friend. I wish I had tasted ours before I sent hers over. I was embarassed.

Comment

Working...
            X