Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour Cream Apple Pie by JJ7549

JJ7549 - Posted February 08, 2004 02:20 PM

I found this on another website and made it for my father-in-law's birthday yesterday. It is very good!! I served it with homemade cinnamon ice cream.

Sour Cream Apple Pie

7 or 8 cooking apples
    Juice of lemon
    1 cup sour cream
    2 eggs
    to cup sugar (depending on sweetness of apples)
    Pinch of salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    3 tablespoons flour
    1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust

TOPPING:
    2 cups walnuts, chopped
    cup flour
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    pound (1 stick) butter)

Peel, core and slice the apples. Keep the apples in a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the sour cream with the eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and flour. Toss the apples in the mixture and put them in the pie shell. Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix the walnuts with the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix in the butter using your fingertips or a pastry blender. Spread this walnut mixture all over the top of the pie. Bake at 350 for 60-90 minutes or until the pie is set, apples are tender and the top is brown. If it is browning to fast, cover with a piece of aluminum foil. All the pie to cool on a wire rack before

My mother used to make an apple pie when I was young, and it was a creamy filling with the apples in it. I always thought it was Dutch apple pie, but the ones I have seen are nothing like that. I'm going to try this to see if this is what I have been missing all these years.

Comment

Working...
    X