• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fudge by Vernalisa

<Vernalisa2>
    Posted December 08, 2004 07:19 AM

Subject: This fudge is absolutely.....the best

from my friend PolitoMD

This fudge is absolutely.....the best...........friends scream for it every year.........it makes a lot..... use a big square pan.......you don't have to refrigerate this it Harden's on its own in hours......

2....cups of miniature marshmallows
    2 tablespoons of butter
    4 1/2 cups of sugar
    12 oz......can of evaporated milk....I also used ...half and half
    2..-- 12 ounces of chocolate chips or other flavor
    1 tablespoon of vanilla
    nuts
    in a heavy large saucepan......heat milk, sugar butter, till it comes to a boil...at this point keep stiring for six minutes.........remove from heat add your chocolate and your marshmallows your extract..........stirring until smooth.......use a large heavy spoon.....immediately pour mixture into a large square pan that has been sprayed with a nonstick coating..........you can add extra nuts on top while it is cooling.........it will
    harden on its own........I have made vanilla......is my favorite.......there are many flavored Hershey chips out there...you can add other extracts also, almond is a great one.......when you taste this you will go crazy.......you can also throw in some loose marshmallows in the bottom of the pan before pouring in the hot mixture,,,,,,,,,this gives you like a marshmallow fudge.........it does not melt completely and when you cut the fuge there will
    be marshmallows in between........it's to die for

engel
    Posted December 12, 2005 01:04 PM

8 or 9 oz. Hershey w/Almonds
    12 oz. choc. chips
    1 pt. marshmallow creme 4 c. chopped pecans

Break Hershey, combine with choc. chips, marshmallow creme in large bowl.

Mix 4 & 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 stick margarine, & 1 lg. can evap. milk in heavy saucepan. Put over low heat, bring to boil & boil 5 or 6 min.. Pour over above ingredients. Stir till dissolved, then add nuts. Pour into buttered pan and let set in fridge before cutting. Use 9x13 for thick pieces, or cookie sheet w/sides. Can be frozen.

Believe this is the one you were talking about using a Hershey bar. I make this every year. Think it's called Millionaire Fudge.

Comment

MomOfElijah2004
      Posted December 23, 2005 03:09 AM

Vern, I definatly want to try your recipe!I printed yours out and plan to get together with my mother tomorrow and try it out. This is the fudge that is easy to do as well and it's quick.I usually leave out the cocoa and nuts.

No Fail 3 min. PB Fudge

2 Cups Sugar
      Cup Milk
      1 tsp Vanilla
      Cup Peanut butter
      2tbls Cocoa (Optional)
      Nuts (Optional)

Mix Sugar, Cocoa and Milk in pot. Bring to boil and boil exactly 3 min. Remove from fire and quickly stir in peanut butter, vanilla and nuts. Pour into buttered pan. Cut once hardened.

Comment

Working...
      X