• Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream

Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream

2 cups Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
    4 egg yolks
    2 cups sugar
    1 1/2 cups whole milk
    2 cups whipping cream
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1. In one small saucepan, place the Bailey's Irish Cream. In another small pan place the milk. Heat the milk to a simmer and remove from heat. Heat the Bailey's to a boil and reduce to 1 cup.
    2. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Add the milk to the sugar and egg mixture. Pour the mix back into the pan and heat to 175- 180 degrees whisking constantly. Do not heat any hotter or mixture will curdle. Remove from heat and strain through a fine strainer.
    3. Cool custard for 10 minutes. Add the vanilla, cream, and Bailey's. Mix well and strain again. (The Bailey's gets a thick skin on top). Place in a covered container and chill overnight. The ice cream will be of the soft serve consistency out of the machine but will firm up beautifully in the freezer after a few hours. It will never get rock hard.

I will get it on ASAP. FYI: My self contained ice cream machine broke so I bought the ice cream attachment for my Kitchenaid. Worked great but there was a problem of the mix freezing to the paddle before I turned on the machine. When that happened, the paddle will not turn. The solution is to have your mix in a large cup with a spout and handle. Turn on the mixer before you add the mix, then slowly pour in the mix while the paddle is turning. There isn't much room for pouring so that is why you need a container with a spout. I use a large plastic measuring cup.
    Guts
Working...
X