2 tbsps. milk
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 cup flour
    1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup finely chopped pecans
    Caramel Filling (recipe follows)
    1/2 cup Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
    1 tsp. shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)

Beat butter, sugar, egg yolk, milk and vanilla in medium bowl til blended. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; blend into butter mixture. Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.

Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease pan.

Beat egg whites slightly. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Dip each ball into egg whites; roll in pecans to coat. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Press thumb gently into center of each ball. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.

Meanwhile, prepare Caramel Filling. Remove cookies from oven; press center of each cookie again with thumb to make indentation. Immediately spoon about 1/2 tsp. Caramel Filling in center of each cookie. Carefully remove from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.

Place chocolate chips and shortening in small micro-wave safe bowl. Micro-wave high 1 minute or until softened; stir. Allow to stand several minutes to finish melting; stir until smooth. Place wax paper under wire racks with cookies. Drizzle chocolate mixture over tops of cookies.

Caramel Filling:
    In a small saucepan, combine 14 unwrapped light caramels and 3 tbsps. whipping cream. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.

This recipe is from Bake Sale Classic Recipes

Re: Choco-Caramel Delights by CraftLady

Oh, my, these are dangerous! Thank you.
    Mary Ann in Wisconsin
    "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

I tried this nutty chocolate caramel delights and it was one of the best I have ever tasted. It was easy to prepare and in less than three days, I had to start on another batch.
      All you have to do is to combine cake mix, milk and butter in a bowl. Bake this mixture for about eight minutes. Then, double heat caramel in some milk and pour it over the baked layer before covering it up with chocolate morsels and another layer of some remaining batter. Bake for ten minutes and cut it into squares.
      Restaurants in Buckhead

Comment

[QUOTE=olmphoto2;351614]Oh, my, these are dangerous! Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I tried this nutty chocolate caramel delights and it was one of the best I have ever tasted. It was easy to prepare and in less than three days, I had to start on another batch.
        All you have to do is to combine cake mix, milk and butter in a bowl. Bake this mixture for about eight minutes. Then, double heat caramel in some milk and pour it over the baked layer before covering it up with chocolate morsels and another layer of some remaining batter. Bake for ten minutes and cut it into squares.
        Restaurants in Buckhead

Comment

Working...
        X