• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar by Madonna

madonna
    Posted November 10, 2004 07:37 AM

Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar

this popular recipe has been printed everywhere. If you've passed it by because of the vinegar, now is the time to try it.

4 (but I used 6) *I've also fixed this using just chicken breast, bone-in b/c that's what I had on hand. Didn't throw any of it out.*
    3/4 lb small mushrooms, quartered
    1/4 C flour
    salt & pepper
    Olive oil
    6 cloves of garlic (I used 3)
    3 Tbls balsamic vinegar
    3/4 C chicken broth
    1-2 bay leaf
    1/4 tsp thyme
    1 Tbsp butter

Season the flour with S & P and coat the chicken. Shake off the excess flour. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet and cook the chicken over moderately high heat until nicely browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic cloves(I smashed mine up) Turn the chicken pieces over and scatter the mushrooms over all. Continue cooking, shaking the skillet and redistributing the mushrooms so they cook evenly. Cook about 3 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and broth, bay leaf and thyme.
    Cover tightly and cook over moderately high heat for about 10 min. Turn the pieces occassionally as they cook. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate and cover with foil. Let the sauce cook, uncovered over medium heat until the sauce reduces down about 7 min. Swirl in the butter. Remove the bay leaf and pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Working...
X