X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes ...Cooking for 1-2 People

moo

Posted September 15, 2004 03:02 PM
    I generally buy boneless skinless (now referred to as b/s) on sale. Cut each one into 3rds. I then freeze in freezer bags, one serving to a bag. That way, they thaw quickly and cook even quicker! Freeze them flat.

Now, for the first recipe

Lime Chicken

b/s chicken tenders
    1/4 cup Wishbone Olive Oil vinegrette
    (strain and discard spices)
    juice of 1/2 lime
    zest of that lime
    1 tsp. honey

Mix marinade. Pour over chicken. Let marinate for 1 hour. No longer, as the acid will "cook" the chicken. After 1 hour, remove tenders and saute in a tiny bit of olive oil in a non-stick skillet or grill about 5-7 minutes. I also use my GF grill. There is enough marinade for 2 servings, if needed. But do not reuse. I do double for bigger crowds!

moo

Posted September 17, 2004 05:30 PM
    I make these when I can't figure what else to make. So easy. You all have probably made them, but in case you haven't

Quesadillas

2 flour tortillas
    1/2 sliced onion, caramelized
    grated cheese, whatever you have or like
    leftover diced chicken, if you have it -OR-
    crumbled bacon -OR-
    NOT

Caramelize the onion in a small pan. Do this by adding a small amout of oil, I always use extra virgin olive oil, to your pan, add the onions. Over medium heat, saute onions till brown and caramel in color.
    In a largert skillet, spray with non-stick spray, place a tortilla on the bottom, sprinkle with grated cheese, almost to the edge, onion and whatever meat you choose, or none! Top with other tortilla. Cook on one side till cheese is melty and tortilla has browned. Flip and repeat. Cut in wedges and serve. I serve with low-fat sour cream mixed with salsa.
    This can serve 1-2 depending on the size of tortilla you use.

apache34

Posted September 23, 2004 08:39 AM
    Here's one moo i used to fix this for DH and I before we had kids.

Sausage And Peppers

1 pd italin sausage cut into bite sized chunks
    1 meduim onion chopped
    2 sm. green peppers, chopped
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    cooking oil
    3oz, tomatoe paste (1/2 can)
    salt & pepper to taste
    dash basil

In frying pan, cook garlic in just enough cooking oil to cover bottom of pan, remove when golden.

Add sausage and cook ove medium high heat until good and well browned, lower heat to meduim and add onions and peppers, cook about 10 minutes until they begin to soften.

Add tomatoe paste diluted in 1 cup water. Season with salt and pepper and basil, lower heat and simmer for about 20 mins.
Working...
X