X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emeril's Spicy Ribs Smothered in Red Gravy by Yooper

Yooper
    Posted January 18, 2006 07:46 PM

I got this from Emerils show a long time ago. I first made it in the oven, and the second time, we were called away from home while I was getting it ready, so I put it in the crockpot on low. I used boneless short ribs both times.
    When we returned home that evening, the smell hit us as soon as we walked into the door, and the "gravy" was so good, I was dunking pieces of bread in it the next day. I also cut recipe in half.

2 racks of beef shortribs (1-1/2 to 3 lbs each)
    Salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 t liquid crab boil
    1 (14 oz) bottle of ketchup
    12 oz light beer
    1 T molasses
    1 T creole or whole grain mustard
    1 T chopped garlic
    1/2 c chopped onions
    1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    Das hot pepper sauce
    dash Worcestershire Sauce
    Pinch salt
    Pinch cayenne
    1 T peeled and grated fresh ginger
    Pinch of fresly ground pepper
    1 recipe of Cilantro and Roasted Potato Salad

Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Place in large pot and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of the crab boil. Over high heat, bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from liquid and cool. In a food porcessor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the resto of the ingredients (except the potato salad). Process until smooth, about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spaatula. Pulse two or three times.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the ribs in a shallow roasting pan. Pour the pureed mixture ove the ribs. Place ribs in the oven and roast for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until the ribs are tender. Slice into individual ribs and serve with Cilantro and Roasted Potato Salad.

Note: When I did these in the crockpot, I skipped the water boiling thing and the crab boil, cut the ribs into individual ribs and then poured the stuff from the food processor over them.
Working...
X