Tim's Chicken Parmesan Plus by beatlebette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim's Chicken Parmesan Plus by beatlebette

Chicken Parmesan Plus (Tim Bryant/Fisherking)

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
    1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 cup flour
    1 cup breadcrumbs
    1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded (more if desired)
    1 cup parmesan, shredded
    1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped...optional but very good
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 eggs for coating chicken
    Cavender's Greek Seasoning to taste

I buy my chicken breast on the bone with skin and remove skin and bone. I do this for the cost factor. I buy the chicken when it is on sale and store in freezer. This is an option but really cuts down on costs.

In a medium size roasting pan, or any one you like to use in the oven, pour in 2/3 of the tomato sauce and 2/3 of the crushed tomatoes. Spread garlic in this mixture and season with some Cavenders Greek Seasoning or lemon pepper. Add about half of the two cheeses now and mix lightly.

Heat a skillet and add couple of TBS of cooking oil. While this is heating, flour chicken, then dredge in egg wash, and cover with breadcrumbs. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side and remove to the oven pan. Cover with remaining crushed tomatos, tomato sauce, and cheese. Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Prepare pasta to cover with sauce...I usually use eggs noodles. A Salad or most green vegatables will serve as a great side dish for this. Also, garlic bread is a good accompaniment.

I have used prepared grated parmesan cheese with this and it has been very good.

This recipe was given to me by Tim Bryant (fisherking) It's an excellent recipe! Thanks, Tim.
    Last edited by fatkat; 12-05-2006, 09:08 AM.

Bumping for me :)

Comment

This looks wonderful! :)

Comment

This sounds great...definitely be making this.....

A day without laughter is a day wasted...Charlie Chaplin

Comment

Thanks fatkat for finding it. It looks yummy. I'll have to put it on the menu for this week :)

Comment

I think I'll add parmesan to the bread crumbs as well. Sounds delish

Comment

[QUOTE=Rubelishous]I think I'll add parmesan to the bread crumbs as well. Sounds delish[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing Rubelishous :)

Comment

Goodness Gracious was this every delicious.
                Last edited by fatkat; 03-02-2007, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Boy does that look good. Nice pictures, especially the finished dinner, very professional looking. The salad looks awesome, too. Thanks for the review.

Comment

Very tasty looking dinner! thanks for the pic's and review

Comment

My hubby cringed when I told him what we were having because he does not like Parmesan cheese at all.............however, he loved this dish. I think the added cheddar cheese made a huge difference.

I cannot wait to have this for lunch today, MMMMMMMMM :)

Comment

Your pics look great and TY for the review. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=shadow]Your pics look great and TY for the review. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes they are great pics. :)

Comment

YUMMM!

great pic
                            Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Wow..this look soooo good..I'll be making this soon..my family is so thrilled with all the new recipes!

A day without laughter is a day wasted...Charlie Chaplin

Comment

Working...
                              X