• Chicken Drumettes With Caribbean Jerk Sauce

Chicken Drumettes With Caribbean Jerk Sauce

3 lbs. Chicken Drumettes
    2 Eggs
    2 TBSP Water
    1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
    1 cup Butter (to fry chicken)

Caribbean Jerk Sauce:
    (I used Belinda's T &T Sauce and it was awesome!)

3T butter
    2 T minced green onion
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
    2 T hot sauce
    pepper
    2 tsp worcestershire sauce
    2 tsp lemon juice
    1 1/2 tsp cayenne
    parsley
    1 tsp cornstarch
    1/2 tsp each: salt, garlic powder, onion powder
    1/8 tsp each ground clove, nutmeg, allspice, sage, thyme

Prepare Sauce:
    Saute onions in butter, whisk in remaining ingredients and bring to boil, then simmer for 45 minutes.

Prepare Chicken:
    Beat eggs with water in a bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then into flour.
    In a large skillet, melt butter, fry chicken in single layer until brown and crispy; turning to brown all sides. Arrange in a foil-lined baking sheet. Using a large spoon, baste each chicken piece with the sauce. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30-35 minutes. Baste often and after 20 minutes, turn all chicken pieces over. Continue to bake and serve with remaining sauce.

These can be made a couple of weeks ahead and frozen. I put baked drumettes on a cookie sheet and freeze for a couple of hours, then I put them in freezer ziplocs...I also freeze the reserved sauce for dipping in a little container...Thaw chicken and dipping sauce at room temperature and reheat in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for about 10 minutes or so...Instead of using the sauce for dipping, I use it to re-baste the drumettes while reheating!

Here is a pic...
    http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5735/caribbeanjerkdrumettesvf9.jpg
    A friend is one who walks in when others walk out
    ~Walter Winchell

Cheft, those look absolutely delicious. I am going to try your recipe next time for the wings and definitely use the Caribbean Jerk Sauce.

Now I'm hungry for wings :)

Comment

Wow cheft..those look awesome too:) thanks for posting these recipes hugs

Comment

cheft...these sound wonderful. Thanks!!

Comment

saving.. looks delish! THANKS!
          Tessa

Comment

Last night I tried the Caribbean Jerk sauce on oven baked ribs and it was fantastic!

I baked the ribs on a cookie sheet for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. I turned the oven down to 300 degrees and spooned the sauce on the ribs and continued to bake and baste them for about another 1/2 hour.

Here's a pic of the ribs...

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7876/caribbeanjerksauceribscm2.jpg
            A friend is one who walks in when others walk out
            ~Walter Winchell

Comment

Those look excellent! I may have to try that on our smoked babybacks! :)

Comment

Yum. Thanks for the recipe.
                Attached Files

Comment

Cheft, the ribs look great. I am a little confused by the picture of fried chicken and biscuits that the man posted and how it pertains to this thread but your picture looks great and the recipe looks like one I need to try.

I just love you, sister. :)
                  Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

Working...
                  X