Chinese Ginger Shrimp ala Peking Garden Clearwater Fl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Ginger Shrimp ala Peking Garden Clearwater Fl

Years ago we went to a great Chinese Restaurant in Clearwater, FL, the Peking Palace. One of the chefs' specialty was Chinese Ginger Shrimp. I found the recipe the chef allow me to watch as he prepared it and IT ROCKED again. My DH can't say enough about it so I thought I'd share it with my friends and send a copy to myself so it goes into my web mail so I can retrieve it when I visit my daughter in Colorado. ENJOY!

Chinese Ginger Shrimp a la Peking Palace

This recipe Serves 2, double for more servings. This recipe leaves a lot of sauce for rice for two, my DH and I like to make sure we have a lot of sauce to cover rice.
    Cook rice...set aside...this recipe is Quick!
    1 Tbl + 1 Tsp Oil into Wok or large skillet
    1 Lb Pealed and deveined Large Raw Shrimp
    ½ Cup Onion Chopped
    Sauté Onion quickly about ½ minute, add Shrimp, continue to stir until shrimp just starts to get pink (DO NOT THOROUGHLY COOK) more cooking will come as you add other ingredients.
    Prepare all additional ingredients below and set aside because this part goes fast.
    Immediately add all other ingredients to Shrimp one at a time and continue stirring about 10 seconds after each addition
    ½ Cup Catsup
    ½ Cup Swanson’s Chicken Broth
    1 Tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
    1 Clove Garlic Crushed
    1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger ( use fresh Ginger if possible)
    1 Tbs Sugar
    3 Green onions chopped into 1/4 inch slices (I cut it with kitchen scissors, easier)
    Stir until all is well blended, serve over cooked rice. ENJOY Barbara

Sounds delish!! I JUST pulled my wok out of a closet. I'll bet I haven't used it in years... I'd forgotten how quickly it cooks and how YUMMY the food is!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Oh, man, just added this to my "to try" list. I have all the ingredients except the shrimp and I'm buying those this weekend for shrimp tempura.

Comment

Just want to add that, when we moved in May from Clearwater, that restaurant was still in business. And, still serving great dishes.

Comment

Ginger Shrimp

Terry...We moved from Clw in 1991 when Sam owned the place. I know he sold to John and some of the help and went to California into the flower business. How long ago were you there. Did Sam buy it back?
          Barbe

Comment

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is catsup??

Thanks
            Carol
            Perth, Western Australia

Comment

lol

I thought the same thing.......

I think everyone is so used to seeing it spelled ketchup. There are two spellings for it for some reason ???

Comment

lol thanks Flutterby.

I thought it was an new american ingredient. I was thinking to myself, where can I buy catsup in Australia??

We don't call it catsup over here, we just call it tomato sauce!!
                Carol
                Perth, Western Australia

Comment

Seriously... ya never saw it spelled as catsup??
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

lol, no never!
                    Carol
                    Perth, Western Australia

Comment

Ginger Shrimp

Sorry about the "old fashioned spelling" of ketchup, I guess you can tell I'll never see 60 again. Ah well...Just made the Ginger Shrimp tonight upon my DH's request BUT just bought a new batch of Red Pepper Flakes and WOW that 1teaspoon turned out to be HOT! So I will say try 3/4 Teaspoon or use your own judgement you can always add it after dish is make. The nice thing about making this amount of "sauce" with this dish is if you have too much (for 2 people) you can have some the next night.

Comment

Working...
                      X