Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian's Southwest-Style Potroast

Hi all--
    I've gotten so many good recipes from this forum, so thought I would contribute this one...my first post!
    We had this for supper yesterday, and it was really good! The recipe is from the cookbook Southwest Slow Cooking

Brian’s Southwest-Style Potroast
    1 T olive oil
    2 ½ pounds top round roast (used chuck)
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 C Cabernet Sauvignon
    3 small onions, sliced
    2 potatoes, cut into cubes
    5 Tomatillos, halved and quartered
    1 green chile, seeded and chopped
    3 red bell peppers, cut into pieces
    1 8-ounce can Mexican-style tomatoes (used Rotel)
    Salt and black pepper

Heat the olive oil in a pan and lightly brown the beef. Set aside. Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and top with the beef. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours.

When beef and vegetables are thoroughly cooked, remove beef from the slow cooker and slice to desired thickness. Remove remaining vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside. On individual serving plates, add the sliced beef and the vegetables, and then drizzle with the sauce remaining in the slow cooker. This dish is especially good when served with a side of rice. Makes 4-6 servings.

My slow cooker doesn’t cook really hot, so I put it on high for 2 hours, then on low for

6 hours. I also added the peppers about half way through, so they weren’t real mushy.

We had the vegetables and juice over the rice. And next time I’ll add more tomatillos and probably omit the potatoes.
    Last edited by redacd1; 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM.
Working...
X