Buckhead Mountain Grill's Meatloaf - Wonderful flavor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckhead Mountain Grill's Meatloaf - Wonderful flavor

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/Shunick/BuckheadMountainGrillsMeatloaf.jpg

This meatloaf is just wonderful. Lots of flavor. I doubled the amounts and made two loaves. 45 minutes baking time did not do it so I did 1 hour 15 minutes and that was just perfect.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Buckhead Mountain Grill's Meatloaf

Recipe By :Kelly Leonardo with Buckhead Management provided the recipe via Ron Mikulak, AF Ed for Courier-Journal of Louisville, KY

Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :
    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons whipping cream
    3 teaspoons horseradish
    3/4 cup ketchup
    1 tablespoon dry mustard
    3/4 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
    3/4 tablespoon fresh garlic -- peeled and chopped
    1/2 cup celery -- (diced 3/8 inch)
    3/4 cup onion -- (diced 3/8 inch)
    1/4 cup green bell pepper -- (diced 3/8 inch)
    1 1/4 cups bread crumbs -- plain type

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, cream and seasonings. It is OK to work the mixture with your hands, if you like.

Add the diced vegetables and breadcrumbs, and mix until uniform.

Shape the mixture into a loaf, and place in a 9- by 5- by 4-inch pan, or make into individual loaves, and place in mini-pans. Top single loaf with about 1/4 cup ketchup, or each individual loaf with a tablespoon or so of ketchup, and then cover with foil. Bake the meatloaf for 45 minutes, or until top is nicely browned and slightly crusty and the juices run clear. Internal temperature should be 160.

Description:
    "For Americans, meatloaf has to be the primary cold-weather comfort food. This loaf is made with ground beef, whipping cream, horseradish, celery, onion, garlic and green bell pepper along with an egg and bread crumbs."
    Source:
    "Copied by Tom Shunick - A Receptarist on the shores of Rehoboth Bay, DE - February 7, 2008"
    T(Cook/Bake Time):
    "1:15"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Cook's Corner has received several requests lately for versions of this all-American dish that is currently making its way back onto more restaurant menus. Tom S. made this the week of Feb 12, 2008 doubled the recipe and had two nice loaves. Very, very good. Froze one loaf for later use.

looks really good!
    www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

This looks like it would be good. I'll try it this week. :)
      I think the secret to a good meatloaf is to not go overboard when mixing the ingredients together. I just kind of run my fingers through to mix it up. Squishing makes the meat tough imo.

Comment

Ok...now horseradish is a new one for me in meatloaf....but since I love almost all spices & such.....this will be one I'll be making really soon!

Comment

This looks really good! :)

Comment

Working...
          X