1 1/4 cup flour
    2 TBSP sugar
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    Pinch of ground cloves

1. Whisk the above dry ingredients together.

2. Mix 1 egg, 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree, 2 TBSP melted butter, and 1 cup milk; fold in dry ingredients.

3.Heat a buttered skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook about 3 mins per side; sere with butter and syrup.
    "There's no place like home..."

Posted by collegecook

Posted September 30, 2004 06:06 AM

I tried these this morning. It made about 8 pancakes for me, which was just right to serve 4. I didn't have all the spices, so I just used cinnamon and nutmeg. I am positive it would have been a lot better with all of the spices included. They cooked really quickly for me- 3 minutes on each side burned one batch to beyond edible! They weren't too terribly fluffy, but had a nice creamy texture from the pumpkin and a lasting but not overpowering pumpkin taste. The kitchen smelled like fall and it was wonderful! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Posted by carol

Posted October 16, 2004 04:46 PM

I did make these this am. They are rather good. 4.5/5 I'd rate them. I'd definately make them again.

I agree with you College...no way can these stay on the heat for 3 mins per side.

I recommend getting your griddle/pan hot then pour in your batter. I made small pancakes about 2.5" in diameter. I'd say cook them for 1 1/2 mins. per side max.

Comment

Working...
      X