Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHICKEN SPARERIBS by GG1

GG1 - Posted March 21, 2004 02:20 PM

Here is a delicious and quick chicken dish. I was making appetizers and just cut the chicken thighs in three or four pieces each instead of leaving them whole. You could use chicken breast if you prefer it to the thigh meat, but I think thighs are a lot juicier.

CHICKEN SPARERIBS

(BTW: I have no idea where the title came from!)

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    1/2 T vegetable oil
    1/2 cup water
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup apple juice
    2 T ketchup
    1 T cider vinegar
    1 clover garlic, finely chopped
    1/2 T red pepper flakes (less if you don't like the heat)
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1 T cornstarch
    1 T water

Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on both sides (about 6-7 minutes). Set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients except cornstarch and water; mix well and pour over chicken. Return to heat and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the sauce. Blend cornstarch and water in a small dish and add to the sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened. Return chicken to pan and turn pieces to coat with sauce. (I added some toasted sesame seeds at this point.)

Ooops!! I didn't realize that this was posted under the Hall Of Fame Recipe thread. I wondered where I got it!! Many thanks to the original poster. GG
Working...
X