• Alice Springs Chicken

Crystal_Ann
    Posted May 28, 2006 01:39 PM

Alice Springs Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 inch thick
    Honey Mustard
    6 pieces bacon, sliced in half and fried crisp
    1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Season All
    1 cup sliced mushroom, drained (Canned or Jar)
    3 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
    Parsley (to garnish)

Rub chicken breast with Season All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour. While the breast is marinating, fry bacon crisp and drain. Shred cheese and set aside. Gather all other items together and make ready for the preparation. Take chicken from marinade and sauté on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking. Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry. Remove from pan. Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three slices of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese. Pop in heated oven at 350 degrees or a microwave just until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley; and extra honey mustard may be served on the side. Makes 4 servings.

Bean
    Posted May 31, 2006 12:32 PM

I've made this so many times. The recipe I got from my friend is a bit different. Can't go wrong either way!

Chicken breasts
    Honey Dijon Mustard (salad dressing)
    Maple bacon
    Mild cheddar cheese
    Monterey Jack cheese
    Mushrooms (I omit on mine)

Comment

lovesdogs
      Posted May 31, 2006 12:44 PM

i love this stuff. i make mine a little different. i flatten the chicken, put on the grill with grill mates montreal chicken seasoning. when done i put 2 to 3 slices of bacon, then mushrooms (i omit on mine also), handful of cheddar, and a handful of monterray jack. throw in the oven until cheese is melted.

here's the honey mustard recipe i use:
      1-1/2 cup mayo
      1/4 cup grey poupon (regular)
      1/2 cup honey

mix with mixer and put in fridge.

Comment

bumping......

Comment

Working...
        X