1/2 cup small diced yellow bell pepper
    1/4 cup finely minced flat leaf parsley
    1 tablespoon capers, drained
    1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 pound lump crab meat, drained and picked over ( I USE 2 CANS OF SALMON, small cans)
    1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
    1/2 cup good Mayonnaisw ( I use Hellman's)
    2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    2 extra large eggs, beaten ( I use just one egg)

Place the oil and butter in pan. Add the onion, celery, bell peppers, parsley, capers, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt & pepper in a large saute pan over medium low heat, cook until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Take off heat and let cool.
    In a large bowl break the crab meat ( salmon) into small pieces and toss with the bread crumbs, mayo, mustard & egg. Add the cooked vegetable mixture and mix well. Cover and chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
    Shape into bite size crab ( salmon) cakes. I shape mine a little bit bigger.
    Heat 4 tablespoon butter and 1/4 cup olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab ( salmon) cakes and fry for about 4 /5 minutes on each side, until browned. Drain on paper towles & keep warm until ready to serve.
    I know it has several steps in it, but it really is not hard to make and the cooked onion & celery really make a difference. I don't use the bell peppers and parsley.
Working...
X