X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Salmon Over Linguine by kiop

kiop
    Posted May 28, 2006 08:11 PM

Try this next time, it's knock-your-socks-off fabulous.. your dinner quests will applaud you! I saw it on Food Network's 'Calling All Cooks' some time back and it has become a favorite.. (I don't particularly like seafood with pasta, so I don't serve it with pasta, but here is the recipe as was given on their website..)

It only sounds complicated, but it's really not. Just have everything in front of you before you start.. One thing the recipe doesn't mention, that I do, is reduce the sauce to a thin glaze and pour over your salmon.. it's absolutely to die for..

Japanese Salmon Over Linquine

1/2 cup olive oil
    4 salmon fillets, skin on
    2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated with a Japanese ginger grater
    2-inch piece of shoga (ginger), grated
    2 naganegi, or 1 bunch scallions
    1/4 cup shoyu (soy sauce), more or less
    1/4 cup sake
    1/8 cup mirin
    Pepper
    1 pound linguini, cooked
    Dashi (fish broth) or chicken broth

Put oil in a pan. Put the salmon filets in and flip to coat. Rub with garlic and ginger. Mix together remaining ingredients, except broth, in a separate bowl. Pour half of the mixture over the salmon. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 5 minutes. Turn salmon and add the rest of the mixture. If it needs more liquid, add broth 1/4 cup at a time. When salmon is opaque all the way through, remove from heat. Remove salmon from skin. Pour liquid over linguini then place chunks of salmon on top. Garnish with slivered pickled ginger.
    Last edited by fatkat; 01-23-2007, 02:26 PM.
Working...
X