Fettucini Capri by isis1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fettucini Capri by isis1

I made this for supper last night and it is SOOO good!I can't remember the name of the cookbook I got it out of.I only remember that the book had a bunch of recipes from chefs who work at 4 star restaurants in Tucson AZ.
    Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you from this recipe.All of this is usually stuff you have on hand anyway.It also only takes maybe 15 minutes to make at the most. My kids even enjoyed this recipe!
    So if your looking for something without meat or even if your not then give this a try!

3/4 lb fettucini pasta
    5 Tbsp oil(vegetable or favorite kind)
    1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 c.parsley,chopped-fresh...use half of a 1/4 c. if using dried
    1 1/2 Tbsp garlic,chopped
    1 c. onion, chopped
    1 c.fresh basil or 1/2 c.dried basil
    3 med.Roma tomatoes,chopped
    1 Tbsp salt
    1 Tbsp black pepper
    1/2 Tbsp garlic powder or 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
    1/2 c.white wine or 1/2 c.chicken broth
    1/3 c.butter
    1/2 c.fresh mozzarella,grated
    grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to pkg directions. In saute pan,add oil,olive oil, parsley,garlic, onion, basil and tomatoes.Season with salt,black pepper,and garlic powder.Saute for 2 minutes.Add white wine(or chicken broth) and butter.Cook until butter melts.Add pasta and mozzarella cheese.Toss until cheese is slightly melted.Top with parmesan cheese and serve.

*****NOTE*****
    I didn't have roma tomatoes,so I just used normal tomatoes.I also used the shredded pkg mozzarella cheese instead of fresh.
    This would also be good with cooked broccoli and/or artichoke hearts added to it.
Working...
X