Beanís Easy Creamy Mac & Cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beanís Easy Creamy Mac & Cheese

Tomorrow I’m going to add in a can of green chiles!

Bean’s Easy Creamy Mac & Cheese

2 cans (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
    2 1/2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
    1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
    4 T butter, melted
    1 heaping T. flour
    1/2 t. salt
    1/2 t. pepper

1 1/2 c. shredded pepper-cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 c. shredded Butterkase cheese
    1/2 c. sour cream

Oven at 350º

Stir the flour and butter with a fork and stir in the broth, macaroni, evaporated milk, salt & pepper and place in a greased 9x13 casserole dish, cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes to an hour (until macaroni is cooked) stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in cheeses and sour cream, back into the oven for 5 minutes to heat through.

Pics -

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sltrax/Creamycassmac.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sltrax/Creamymac.jpg
    Last edited by Bean; 07-28-2007, 11:04 AM.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. - Paul Hornung

Comment

Question...

Looks great. One question though... What is Butterkase cheese? Is there another type of cheese simular to the taste of Butterkase cheese?

Comment

Originally posted by Teresayo
        Looks great. One question though... What is Butterkase cheese? Is there another type of cheese simular to the taste of Butterkase cheese?

Butterkase is a buttery tasting cheese with a creamy texture. Most stores around here carry it. Check the special cheese section and the deli.

You could use American or maybe Monterey, a nice smooth melting cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean
          Butterkase is a buttery tasting cheese with a creamy texture. Most stores around here carry it. Check the special cheese section and the deli.

You could use American or maybe Monterey, a nice smooth melting cheese.

I've never heard of Butterkase cheese either; is it similar to Havarti cheese?
          "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
          -Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by BettyR
            I've never heard of Butterkase cheese either; is it similar to Havarti cheese?
            No, but you might be able to use that. Try and find the Butterkase, it makes the BEST grilled cheese sammy ever!

Comment

This looks wonderful! I really need to try this soon! TY

Comment

Thank you!

I think I'll see if they have it in the Boars Head deli. I'm looking forward to trying it!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teresayo
                  I think I'll see if they have it in the Boars Head deli. I'm looking forward to trying it!!! Thanks!!!
                  That is the brand I use.

Comment

Cool! I'm going shopping after work (only work until noon on Friday's) so I'll pick up the stuff and make it for dinner tonight!!!!

Comment

Butterkase cheese...will look for that! The recipe sounds delicious! Thanks!

Comment

Bean

I've got to go to town today but we only have a Super WalMart and a Brookshire Brothers; if neither one of them have the Butterkase cheese do you think I could sub that soft Mexican melting cheese? I know WalMart carries that; I can’t think of the name right now but living in Florida I'm sure you know what I’m talking about.

I love Mac and Cheese and I really want to give this a try.
                        -Will Rogers

Comment

Yes Betty, in fact when I made it the other night I used Butterkase and the soft Mexican melting cheese + diced tomatoes and diced green chiles. It turned out great!

Comment

Thanks Bean, I'm going to give this a try.
                            -Will Rogers

Comment

Oh Bean, this was truly some of "THE BEST" Mac & Cheese we've ever had! LOVED IT!!! I baked it in a 350 degree oven and I couldn't find pepper-cheddar cheese so I used Monterey Jalapino Jack (Boars Head). I also used wheat macaroni and it really turned out delicious!!! Thank you for the recipe!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X