16 oz can of tomatoes
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    8 oz can of tomato sauce
    1/2tsp sugar
    2c lowfat cottage or ricotta cheese
    1/2c grated parmesan cheese
    1 beaten egg (I used egg whites)
    1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Cook spinach and lasagna noodles separately according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Remove imitation crab from package, and shred into small pieces. For the sauce, chop onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Spray a large cold saucepan with nonstick spray coating; heat over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender. Cut up tomatoes and crush basil. Stir undrained tomatoes, basil, tomato sauce, sugar and 1/4 tsp pepper into the vegetables. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile for filling, in a bowl, stir together spinach, imitation crabmeat, cheeses, egg and nutmeg. Spread a scant 1/3 c spinach mixture on each noodle. Roll up each noodle, jelly-roll style, beginning at the short end. Spoon 1 cup of sauce mixture into a 12x7 1/2x 2 inch baking dish. Place rolls seam side down in the dish. Spoon on remaining sauce. Cover with plastic wrap, chill for 2-24 hours. Before serving, remove plastic wrap, cover with foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.

Per roll:
    150 calories
    3 g. fiber
    3 g. fat
    3 WW points each

**I posted this after copying and pasting from an email I received. I didn't notice until I started cooking that mushrooms and garlic were not in the list of ingredients, but ARE in the directions! I added them...and the amount that I used in preparing this recipe.
    "There's no place like home..."

Posted by Lotsofhats

Posted August 26, 2004 03:22 AM

OK...here's my review:

They were wonderful!!! The "crab" isn't overpowering, but it gives it a change from regular spinach lasagna rolls.

As for the sauce...It was really good. But, if you're in a hurry (or you just prefer sauce from a jar), you could save a lot of time by just reaching for a jar of Ragu, instead of following the directions.

Carol
    "There's no place like home..."

Comment

Working...
    X