X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Tortellini In Curry Cream by cheft

cheft
    Posted August 02, 2005 10:09 AM

This is an easy and very delicious recipe...you can adjust the amount of curry paste to your liking. As is, this recipe is a medium heat. I serve it with a fresh salad on the side. Enjoy!

CHEESE TORTELLINI IN CURRY CREAM

1 Onion (finely chopped)
    1 Fresh Jalapeno (seeded, finely chopped)
    1 Garlic Clove (minced)
    2 tsp Curry Paste
    1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
    2 cups Chicken Broth
    1 can Coconut Milk (14 oz.)
    500g Package Cheese Tortellini (1/2 of 1 kg. package)
    1 tsp Dried Basil
    1 Medium Tomato (chopped)
    1/3 cup Chopped Dry Roasted Peanuts

In a medium saucepan, cook shallot, jalapeno, garlic and vegetable oil for about 1 minute or until tender. Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer covered for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk; curry paste, tortellini and basil. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until pasta is tender but still firm. Stir in the tomato. Cook and stir until heated through, but do not boil. Garnish each serving with peanuts.
    Yield: 4 Servings.
    Last edited by fatkat; 10-24-2006, 11:51 AM.

Bump for tonight's dinner

Comment

This is excellent and I will make this again for sure. Hubby suggested using chicken in it the next time. I really thought he would not like this but he did. This is a keeper recipe.
      Last edited by fatkat; 03-02-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

No pics?

Comment

I snapped a pic Luvs.

We LOVED this dish. I added extra jalapenos and 3 t. curry paste and the heat was perfect! I forgot to add the peanuts until we were 1/2 way through dinner!

Pic -

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sltrax/Tortcurry.jpg

Comment

That looks so good, great pic.

Comment

I loved it!

my pic:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/shadow-66/cooking/maindish/0c81437a.jpg

Comment

TY Luvs

Great pic shadow! It was so good and filling too!

Comment

Wonderful pictures gals

Comment

good job girls! looks great
                    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Kelly, when you are ready to make this recipe just say so because I will make it again soon but maybe with chicken or shrimp.

We really loved this recipe!!!!

Comment

DH said we should add chicken, and we came up with this for next time. No pasta, add chicken, green and red bell peppers and serve it over rice. I can't wait to try that combo and I'll use green curry paste next time.

Comment

Great looking pictures, and they all look different! Good job, girls, as always.

Comment

TY
                            Oh, yes, chicken would be good. peppers...rice, yummy!
                            I loved this! It made a lot and was filling.

Comment

Originally posted by fatkat
                              Kelly, when you are ready to make this recipe just say so because I will make it again soon but maybe with chicken or shrimp.

We really loved this recipe!!!!
                              next week works good for me(not WED though)! YEY I love having cooking buddies
                              I would love to add shrimp to mine

let me know what day works best for you.. and we'll have at it!

thanks!
                              Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Working...
                              X