Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Chicken Salad Sandwiches:

I was in the mood for something cold earlier this week since it was so hot outside and decided to make these. They turned out really good. I can't give you exact measurements though because I eyeballed it.

I bought a rotisserie store bought chicken or you can cook chicken in the crockpot or oven, etc. I shredded the meat in my food processor using the S blade. Put the chicken in a large bowl and added sliced celery-sliced in chunks, fresh lemon juice, chopped onion, sliced green olives, Cheddar cheese cut in chunks and Miracle Whip. I debated whether to put cut up green pepper in..but..didn't. I may next time if I have some on hand..if not..no big deal.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM.

Yummy! We have a restraunt here that makes good ones...I might have to go get one for lunch now!

Comment

I use a rotisserie chicken as well - much quicker.

1 Chicken diced or shredded
      1/4 c diced onion or green onion
      1/4 c diced celery
      1/4 c nuts (walnuts or pecan pieces)
      juice from one lemon
      salt & pepper to taste
      enough mayo to moisten
      Watercress

Mix all together except the watercress. Add watercress to sandwich instead of lettuce.

I like to serve this in pita halves. It is especially nice served in the tiny pitas for finger foods at a party.

Comment

I usally just bake or boil chicken breast put in processor w/celery, onion and pepper.

Now I want chicken salad sammies!!!!

TY for the recipes

Comment

ok, I had to go buy one at the restraunt..I never would have got it out of my mind if I hadn't!

Comment

I made some for my trip on the weekend. Hmmmm I have some leftover chicken and think I know what kind of sammie I'll be having tomorrow.

Comment

Well, damn. Now I'M hungry for Chicken Salad Sandwiches!!! Think I will have to try a combo of the two recipes posted here.. I love green olives. I love celery chunks. I am intrigued with the idea of cheddar cheese in there too.... Gotta have onions. I might add a smidge of Tarragon too... And maybe a tiny bit of dry mustard powder. A few slivered almonds......
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Just read this recipe again and I had forgotten to put some fresh lemon juice in the recipe. Like I said earlier..didn't measure...just dumped

Comment

Working...
                X