Tuna Salad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna Salad

There used to be a locally owned drugstore in our city, and the owner/druggist went/graduated w/ my parents from HS. They had a lunch counter there that had the BEST tuna salad sandwiches!!!!

Here is the recipe that I duplicated:

1 large can of tuna albacore, well drained, dont use the chunk light, must be the white
    3 or 4 stalks of celery hearts, chopped
    3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
    Hellmans mayo till you get to the texture you desire - NO Miracle Whip in this
    Salt/pepper

Chill

Variation: add shredded cheddar cheese to the cold salad. Toast English muffins, top the toasted muffins w/ tuna and a slice of your favorite cheese, and broil till cheese is melted. Serve w/ a nice green salad!

Re: Tuna Salad

I like to mix tuna salad in with tiny pasta. This recipe sounds good Doreen!
    Hellman's is the very best by far!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Add some sweet relish and this is my recipe.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Hellmans rocks! This sounds good, thanks

Comment

probably, what made the salad so delicious was that they probably used the tuna that was canned with oil I can remember when that's all that was available

Comment

Tuna in oil is so much better tasting ~ I also prefer Chicken of the Sea brand. Thanks for the recipe Doreen

Comment

I agree that tuna in oil is the bestt!But,sometimes its just not available. So what I do is drain the nasty water off& add some olive oil to the tuna..Its very good flavor & moistens it well.

Comment

Working...
              X