X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLT Salad

Posting for wishingstar.

BLT Salad

"This recipe is reminiscent of the classic BLT or bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. It's a great summertime salad!"

Original recipe yield: 6 servings.

BLT Salad

1 pound bacon
    3/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup milk
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    salt to taste
    1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried and shredded
    2 large tomatoes, chopped
    2 cups seasoned croutons

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat, turning frequently, until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
    In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Season the dressing with salt.
    Combine lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and croutons in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve immediately.

This recipe is featured in our Allrecipes Cookbook

Thanks!!

I will make this for dinner ...early dinner at that!

I was thinking of this and wanted this kind of dressing to go with it...cannot wait to try!

Comment

This looks great. May merge it with my recipe for BLT salad! This dressing looks very good and better than my bottled ranch!
      A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

I think the dressing will make it all the better too Moo ...we will be having a early dinner!!!

Editing ...I just made the dressing and it is great tasting! I made afew changes due to what I have on hand ...I used roasted minced garlic, blended all but salt in food processor attatchment and it is sooo good and needed no salt IMO (I used Kraft real mayo) the garlic smoothed out nicely and Oh yeah!!!! I doubled the recipe and had a blt sandwich for lunch using dressing instead of just mayo....this salad is going to hit the spot for sure!
        Last edited by wishingstar; 06-11-2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I made this last night and it was very good! Definately a keeper!

Comment

[QUOTE=Cook4fun]I made this last night and it was very good! Definately a keeper![/QUOTE]

Glad you liked it.

Post it in T&T, now that it is.

Comment

Can't wait to try this one also!!!

Comment

I made this today...sorta! I used the dressing here, and used the ingredients for my salad with the homemade croutons.....we loved it!
                A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

Working...
                X