Curry Sauce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curry Sauce

This has become my DD's favorite sauce. It started out as a fondue sauce but now she wants it everytime we have chicken.

1/2 cup mayo
    3 Tbsp. evaporated milk
    1 apple about 4 ounces (I use Granny Smith)
    1/2 small onion
    1 Tbsp curry powder
    fresh lemon juice

Mix mayo with evaporated milk. Peel and shred the apple and add immediately to the mayo mixture. I used the large grater since we like this chunky. Chop onion finely and add along with curry powder. Season with lemon juice (I just did 1 squeeze).

This sure sounds different with the apple. Thanks!

Comment

Jacki this is one of my favorites. It is so easy and I usually double sauce so that I have lots. If doubling the sauce then don't add extra oil and use a large container of plain yogurt.

Tandoori Chicken

This is quick, easy, exotic and delicious. What more could you want?

One whole or cut up chicken or 8 favorite chicken parts Juice from one lemon
      2 tsp. salt
      1 tsp. cumin seed
      1 tsp. coriander seed
      1 tsp. crushed dried red pepper
      1 large onion cubed
      6 cloves garlic (or more)
      1 inch peeled fresh ginger
      2 tsp. turmeric
      1/2 C Vegetable oil
      1 tbsp. vinegar
      1 C yogurt

1. Rinse and dry chicken, remove all fat (and skin if desired). Make 2 diagonal cuts on thigh and leg (separate if desired for easier handling later)

2. Put all above ingredients (except yogurt and chicken) into blender and blend until smooth. Add yogurt.

3. Pour over chicken. Turn chicken to coat all surfaces and let marinate at least 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator. (Actually I like this so much sometimes I don't event let it marinate, I just mix all the ingredients together and cook it as described below.)

4. Bring chicken to room temperature to roast

5. Place chicken in well buttered roasting pan just large enough to hold chicken

6. Pour marinade over chicken - DO NOT cover with foil or lid

7. Place in lower third of preheated 375 oven

8. Roast for 30 minutes basting a couple of times. Turn chicken to other side and repeat. Check for doneness.

9. Serve with rice.

WARNING - THIS SAUCE STAINS SO EAT RESPONSIBLY

Comment

Oh I will definitely try this maybe tomorrow for a late lunch since DD works tomorrow evening. I will try it with my Curry Rice which I'll post on T&T.

TY

Comment

I'd use plain rice as the sauce is so flavorful

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation and it saves me work.

Comment

Re: Curry Sauce

Oh, baby...Jacki's sauce and Rube's Tandoori Chicken!

I don't have evap milk---but could make a little double strength milk with powder?
              Mary Ann in Wisconsin
              "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Working...
              X