Sweet Potato Crisp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Potato Crisp

This is in the fall issue of Food and Family by Kraft. I made it last night and it was really good. The only change I would make would be to sweeten the cranberries and let them set a couple of hours before putting on the sweet potato mixture.

Oat-Topped Sweet Potato Crisp

Prep Time: 20 min
    Total Time: 1 hr min
    Makes: 8 servings

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1 can (40 oz.) cut sweet potatoes, drained
    3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 cup chopped apples
    2/3 cup chopped cranberries
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
    1/3 cup cold butter or margarine
    1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup of the sugar and cinnamon with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spoon into 1-1/2-quart casserole dish; top with apples and cranberries.
    MIX flour, oats and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
    BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
    Substitute
    Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese.

Variation
    Prepare as directed, substituting 10x6-inch baking dish for the 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
    Last edited by fatkat; 09-25-2006, 12:00 PM.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

I've made this the last couple of years for Thanksgiving! So good!

Comment

I saw that recipe in the magazine too and thought it sounded good....I wonder how it would be using dried sweetened cranberries?? Since you said the cranberries could use a little sweetness that might help. Plus I love those dried cranberries, could eat a boxful!

Comment

Re: Sweet Potato Crisp

Sounds Awesome * I have a Recipe for "Sweet Potatoes" to submit, as soon as I figure out how to lol. This is new to me

Comment

Working...
        X