Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamy Green Chile Chicken - Crockpot by COflower aka techchick68

COflower Posted January 18, 2004 08:28 PM

Hi -- it's me the former techchick68. I just wanted to drop by and post a recipe that I came up which takes ideas from my Green Chile (Pork Stew -- on the old board) and the Crockpot Italian Chicken (posted on the old board as well).

Creamy Green Chile Chicken - Crockpot

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

A seasoning mix of:
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp marjoram
    1 tsp McCormick's Parsley Patch Mexican Blend (or other Mexican Blend spice -- has paprika and such in it use less of the previous two if your seasoning has those two ingredients)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp ground cinnamon (yes folks, cinnamon - optional)

1 fresh jalepeno, minced
    1/2 cup well chopped onion
    1 clove garlic minced
    2/3 c. chicken broth

8 oz cream cheese, softened
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    4) 4 oz cans chopped mild green chiles

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Combine seasoning mix, jalepeno, onion and garlic with chicken broth. Pour over chicken and cook on high 1 hour (for thicker chicken breasts), set to low for two hours (three hours total).

Mix soup and cream cheese and green chiles. Pour over chicken and cook two more hours or until chicken is done and sauce is well blended. (You can stir during this process - but not too much.)

Note: Cooking time is five hours total with the first hour on high, second hour reduce heat, third hour add cream cheese-soup-green chiles.

You can take out the chicken and whisk the sauce for a more consistant sauce.

Freezes well too, I had some leftovers from December tonight and still tastes as good.

Enjoy. I will be dropping in from time to time to share recipes but that's about it.
Working...
X