2 cloves garlic
    1 lb. Ground beef
    2 T chili powder
    1/4 t allspice
    28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
    2 T canned green chilies, optional
    1 T red wine vinegar
    1 t salt, 1 t sugar

Brown the beef, drain grease if desired. Add onion, pepper an garlic. Saute until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes. Serve on spaghetti with cheese and green onion.

Re: 3 Way Cincinnati Chili

[Also see this thread: "Question about Skyline Chili"... http://www.copykatchat.com/showthread.php?t=30303&highlight=Skyline ]

I'm getting hungry for Cincinnati Chili and was wondering if we had any threads on it. I'm posting here because the thread title makes the most sense for someone searching but there's lots of ideas on the Skyline titled thread. Maybe I'll post this on both threads to bring the other one 'up' also.

Cincinnati Postcard Chili (from Cincinnati postcard-not the same recipe from from luvkidrock's card)
    1 quart water
    2 pounds lean hamburger
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon cumin seed or ground cumin
    2 large chopped onions
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
    2 toe garlic
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper or chili pepper
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    1 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
    3 large whole bay leaves

Crumble raw (do not brown) hamburger into water.Add all ingredients.Bring to boil then simmer 3 hours. Remove garlic toe and bay leaves.Add whole red peppers (if desired) for spicier taste.Servings: 10-12-------------------------------------------------------

The way we make this is closer to a recipe that appears in"The Best of the Best: The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook".

We double the cinnamon,
    do not use cumin,
    use a little less allspice (one teaspoon),
    add unsweetened cocoa (1-1/2 tablespoons),
    use no red or chili pepper,
    use much less chili powder (as little as 2 teaspoons),
    salt and pepper to taste (very light on the pepper).

We DO use the tomato paste as the only tomato product and have no problem with the chili separating or being 'watery'.

We DO use the above method to prepare the Cinc'y Chili. Browning isn't the Cinc'y way and you wouldn't have the fine pieces that putting it in the water initially and stirring it to loosen the ground meat will give you.

‘Three way’ is our favorite: fine spaghetti, topped with chili and then a generous topping of shredded cheddar cheese.

I lived in Cinc'y a few years and love this stuff!
    Mary Ann in Wisconsin
    "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.”

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Yummmm Sounds Good I am going to try for sure. I am Alex new to this board so hi to both of you

Comment

Yummm Sounds Really good surely I am going to try it

Comment

bump...............

Comment

Working...
          X