Made at home dressings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made at home dressings

I try to make my own dressings with no preservatives when I can. These are great and easy to make.

Roasted Shallot-Sherry Vinaigrette
    Makes 1 cup

8 small shallots, peeled and ends trimmed

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard

2 tablespoons sherry vinegar

1 teaspoon lemon zest

2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley

3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, toss the shallots with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the shallots in a pie tin and roast them for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender. Cool.

Put the mustard, vinegar, zest and parsley into a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add four of the roasted shallots. Blend. Add the extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream until the dressing emulsifies. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cut each of the remaining shallots in half (or in quarters, if they are large), and add to the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. The vinaigrette keeps refrigerated for five to seven days.

Per (2-tablespoon) serving: 245 calories, 23 g fat, 2 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 0 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 0 g dietary fiber.

Green Goddess Dressing
    Makes 1 cup

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sour cream

1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar

1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley

1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint

1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon

2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade. Blend until completely smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Green Goddess Dressing keeps refrigerated for five to seven days.

Per (2-tablespoon) serving: 96 calories, 8 g fat, 2 g protein, 4.5 g carbohydrates, 16 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 0.1 g dietary fiber.

Thai Peanut Dressing
    Makes 1 cup

4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter

1 tablespoon hoisin sauce

1/4 cup canola oil

2 medium garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

3 scallions, minced

Combine all the ingredients except the scallions in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade. Blend until smooth. Add the scallions and stir.

Per (2 tablespoon) serving: 116 calories, 11 g fat, 2 g protein, 3.6 g carbohydrates, 0 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 0.6 g dietary fiber.

Gorgonzola Salad Dressing
    8 servings

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

2 small shallots, minced

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Salt and pepper, to taste

Place vinegar, shallots, garlic, mustard and Gorgonzola in food processor and puree until smooth. Add the oil; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 3 days.

Per serving: 255 calories, 25 g fat, 4 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 12.5 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 0 g dietary fiber.

Creamy Basil Dressing
    Makes 1 cup

1 teaspoon chopped shallots

1 small clove garlic, chopped

2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt

3 tablespoons white (or golden) balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1/3 cup whole fresh basil leaves, chopped

Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

Blend everything but the salt and pepper in a food processor or blender, pureeing until smooth. Season to taste.

Per (2-tablespoon) serving: 20 calories, 0.3 g fat, 2 g protein, 2.9 g carbohydrates, 1.2 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 0.1 g dietary fiber.

Re: Made at home dressings

Thanks! These sound good!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

These are wondeful MissKise! Thanks for sharing. Especially the Green Goddess one! It is an oldie but goodie that I grew up on and it's very hard to find and maybe they don't even make it any more. I know Penzey's Spices have a mix for it and I've always been tempted to get it, but was afraid if I didn't like there's I'd be stuck with an entire bag of mix.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

the penzeys Green goddess is great.. i have tons, i buy the large bags of it .. if you would like me to send you some to try... let me know..

Comment

OH YUM!!!! We LOVE salad. Love the Good Seasons, too!!!! I use white balsamic vinegar and olive oil in ours. Great for a marinade, too!!!

Comment

Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing Recipe (Nebraska original...kind of like a french with a twist)

1 cup salad oil
            3/4 cup sugar
            1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
            1/2 cup vinegar
            1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
            1 teaspoon dry mustard
            1 teaspoon salt
            1 teaspoon celery seeds
            1/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns (ground with grinder)

Mix all ingredients in a blender until creamy.
            Pour into canning jar or container and refrigerate overnight

Comment

[QUOTE=zozzobra;274425]the penzeys Green goddess is great.. i have tons, i buy the large bags of it .. if you would like me to send you some to try... let me know..[/QUOTE]

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....YEs... How much would it cost me? Just need a wee bit! LOL!!!

Comment

TGI Friday's Honey Mustard Dressing recipe
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Ingredients :
                2 tbsp mustard
                4 tbsp honey
                1 tbsp white vinegar
                1 cups mayonnaise
                1 cups sour cream

Preparation & Cooking Instructions :

Mix together in a bowl with wire whisk and serve.

This is awesome for chicken nuggets/tenders dipping too!

Comment

Made at home dressings

Just made the most delicious huge easy peasy batch leek and cream cheese..I will just put ingredients as used but this did make a big panful so probably about 6 decent servings.

8-10 leeks need using up, having been in the garden in all that weather
                  1 bouillon stock cube
                  2 large onions
                  1 whole garlic bulb
                  sprinkle chives

cover with water to boil , then simmer till cooked....blend in pan so half smooth and textured

allow to cool slightly , then mix in 200g tub philadelphia light with garlic and herbs....de-lish??...ohhh yes
                  By the way, to whom the [url=http://www.aveal.com.ua/catalog_rub3.htm]biotualet[/url] is necessary, come I recommend [url=http://www.aveal.com.ua/catalog_rub3.htm]biotualet[/url].
                  Brormashourse

Comment

Working...
                  X