• Coll'sCookin'
    replied
    SFO~ this sounds fabulous!

Thanks for posting.

Colleen

Leave a comment:

• sfo-stephb
    replied
    Here's one I got from my friend and everytime I make it, my guests can't leave with any leftovers----there are none!! ENJOY!

Portuguese Roast Pork

3 medium garlic cloves
    1 tsp crumbled leaf marjoram
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp kosher or coarse salt
    1 large bay leaf crumbled fine
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    4 pound center-cut, bone-in pork loin
    1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine

Mash the garlic, marjoram, paprika, salt, bay leaf, cayenne and black pepper. Rub all over the pork loin. Place in a shallow bowl (preferably nonmetallic), and pour the wine. Turn the pork in the wine several times, then cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the pork a couple of times during the day.
    Remove from refrigerator and let stand on the counter, still in the marinade, for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 500F. Place the pork fat side up on a rack in a large roasting pan and roast uncovered between 10 to 20 minutes (depending on size of meat). Lower the oven temperature to 350F and roast until a meat thermometer, inserted in the center, registers 160F. As the pork roasts baste several times.using the marinade at first, then the pan drippings. Remove from oven and let sit 20 minutes before serving.

Leave a comment:

• DebiGriff
    replied
    SuzieQ...these are not what I was looking for, but they sure do sound good, so I will save them and give them a try. Thanks so much.

Leave a comment:

• DebiGriff
    replied
    This is the one! Thanks so much. I am saving it now.

Leave a comment:

• malleycc
    replied
    This is one I use. We love it.

Title: Lechon Asado (Roast Pork)

Description:
    Puerto Rican style Pork Roast

Ingredients:
    Pork Shoulder
    Mojo Criollo(in a bottle-Spanish marinade)
    Sazon con Azafran, sin Achiote (says all that on the box - in the seasoning section-by the way, it's very salty so you may not want to add salt)
    Adobo (Seasoning - Goya makes it)
    Garlic Powder (Instead of salt because the Sazon is salty)
    Jar of Small green olives w/pimientos

Directions:
    Wash the meat well. Put it in a large container. Pour Mojo over it. Take a couple of packets of Sazon and put all over the meat, sprinkle a lot of Adobo and Garlic Powder over it, rub it all in - you may want to wear gloves because the Sazon with Safron will turn your hands yellow - orangeish...stab holes in the meat, all over the place and stuff olives inside. Put in a pan with foil so it doesn't ruin your pan. Roast on 350 degrees for 3 hours or until meat thermometer shows the proper temperature for pork...

Number Of Servingsepends on size of roast

Preparation Time:Approx. 3 hrs.

Leave a comment:

• SuzieQ
    replied
    Here is another one.

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/15640/puerto-rican-roast-pork.html

Ingredients:
    4 pounds pork loin roast, with bone
    2 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    3 cloves garlic
    2 tablespoons fresh oregano
    1 1/3 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pork in a roasting pan and with a sharp paring knife, or carving fork, poke holes in the roast so seasoning can penetrate. Place remaining ingredients in blender, or food processor, and process until it forms a paste. Spread this paste over the roast making sure to rub it into the holes.
    Place in the oven ad bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Let stand 15 minutes. Slice and serve.

Leave a comment:

• SuzieQ
    replied
    I found this one for you.

http://recipes.allrecipes.com/Utilities/PrintRecipe.aspx?RecipeID=49347&servings=20&Format=4x6

Puerto Rican Pork Roast
    Submitted by: Kenny Reyes
    Rated: 5 out of 5 by 10 members Prep Time: 30 Minutes
    Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes Ready In: 2 Hours
    Yields: 20 servings

"This recipe was give to me by my grandfather who was a great culinary cook but never published his recipes. this is authentic Puerto Rican cuisine that was prepared on a spit, but with modern technology is converted to the kitchen and not as large of an animal."
    INGREDIENTS:
    8 cloves garlic, peeled
    1/4 cup salt
    1/4 cup black pepper
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano 3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 (10 pound) pork picnic roast
    4 yucca (cassava) roots, peeled and sliced

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
    2. Place the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil into the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Use a small knife to make several incisions in the fresh ham. Insert the garlic

paste into each one using a small spoon. Place the ham in a roaster, and cover.
    3. Bake for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, then check every 15 minutes or so, until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F ( 80 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer.
    4. While the meat is roasting, place the yucca in a large pot of boiling water. Cook until fork tender, and drain. Serve with pork roast.

Leave a comment:

• DebiGriff
    started a topic Hispanic Pork Roast

Hispanic Pork Roast

Years ago, some Puerto Rican friends of ours used to make us pork when we visited, and it was like none other that I had ever tasted. She called it her Puerto Rican pork roast. Any ideas how to cook it?
Working...
X