espresso powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• espresso powder

can someone tell me where to find espresso powder? Is it available in the grocery stores? I need this for the chocolate cake I am going to bake. Thanks a bunch

I have found it at Italian markets. I think this is what you are looking for. I have the first one.

http://www.amazon.com/Medaglia-DOro-Instant-Espresso-Coffee/dp/B00060PTLO

http://www.amazon.com/Fasigs-Instant-Espresso/dp/B0009F465G
    Guts

Comment

I think I found mine on the coffee isle in a little green, red and white bottle, that almost looks italian. You may also want to look on the international isle. Mine is in a small bottle, and I can't find it right now, otherwise I would tell you the brand name.

Comment

the link that guts posted shows the bottle I have....

Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso Coffee

I think that Walmart may even carry it.

Comment

so instant is the same as powder? I really appreciate your help

Comment

Well send me to my bedroom and no TV. there is a product called Espresso Powder . But I think instant coffee would work about the same.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/landing.jsp?go=DetailDefault&ref=ti&id=3154&gclid=CNTqsLv1y4kCFQxnYQodnxlzvQ

Take a look at this, I think it may help!
            Kim
            http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossary.asp?id=36696
            Guts

Comment

well,
              when I watch the big headed italian girl....on FoodNetWork she uses the little bottle of expresso instant just like powder. I would think it works the same. The taste is going to be the same....the powder may be finer in grain, so depending on what stage of the recipe you use it in, you may want to make sure it is stirred in and disolves so you don't get little bites of expresso. (Does that make sense?)

Comment

I have used instant coffee in place of instant expresso (which I assumed was the same as powder). As mentioned, it is more of a powder than than instand coffee, so I had crushed it with a pestle...
                If I remember right, I also had found it near the instant coffees at the grocery store.

Comment

glad to hear the instant coffee works....thats all I could find. Walmart didn't have it which surprised me since they have a large selection of coffee. I will find it at one of the grocery stores in Muskogee when I go in Monday. Too late for my cake but I will have it for next time. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

I cant find this

I have checked walmart, homeland and albertsons. I am checking in the coffee section, is that the right aisle? is it normally difficult to find?
                    thanks

Comment

All i do when i need that is, in the coffee isle there is the machine where you can grind your own beans, set it to expresso and grind away

Hope this helps
                      LMK
                      I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

they did have ground espresso but it was with the regular coffee...are you saying I can use that for espresso powder, I thought it had to be instant. thanks for your help

Comment

Yes, i use regular coffee and just grind it very fine, there is an espresso setting right on the machine
                          when you get done grinding it, it is a powder.

LMK

Comment

thanks a bunch, I cant believe it was right there all along

Comment

Yw

Lmk

Comment

Working...
                              X