ISO: Chili's grilled chicken pasta - old version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: Chili's grilled chicken pasta - old version

Chili's made this great gilled chicken pasta years ago and I had the recipe but lost it. It didn't have alfredo sauce like the new version but one with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce. It was to die for!!! Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

roasted red pepper & creamy sauce... sounds great. I'm going in search of this one!!
    hope someone finds this ~
    Tessa

Comment

Here's a recipe for Creamy Red Pepper Sauce

"A light and creamy sauce with puree of roasted red peppers as the base. It is excellent on any type of pasta, but tortellini or ravioli seems to be the best match. The prep time is rather long, but the result is definitely worth it. Freezes well. In fact, the taste may improve slightly."

Original recipe yield:
      8 servings

PREP TIME 30 Min
      COOK TIME 20 Min
      READY IN 50 Min

INGREDIENTS
      2 large red bell peppers
      2 tablespoons minced garlic
      1/4 cup fresh basil
      3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
      2 cups half-and-half
      1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
      4 tablespoons butter
      salt and pepper to taste
      DIRECTIONS
      Preheat broiler. Lightly coat the red peppers with olive oil. Grill peppers under the broiler until the skin is blackened, and the flesh has softened slightly. Place peppers in a paper bag or resealable plastic bag to cool for approximately 45 minutes.
      Remove the seeds and skin from the peppers (the skin should come off the peppers easily now). Cut peppers into small pieces.
      In a skillet, cook and stir the garlic, basil, and red peppers in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, so that the flavors mix.
      Place mixture in blender (careful it is hot), and puree to desired consistency. Return puree to skillet, and reheat to a boil. Stir in the half-and-half and the Romano cheese; cook and stir until the cheese melts. Add the butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Chili's Grilled Chicken Pasta

Chili's Grilled Chicken Pasta

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
        2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
        2 tablespoons butter or margarine
        1 to 2 cups heavy cream
        1/4 teaspoon dried basil
        1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
        1/4 teaspoon salt
        1/8 teaspoon pepper
        1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
        4 ounces linguine or fettuccine, cooked and drained
        Grated Parmesan cheese, optional

Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl or resealable plastic bag; toss or shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter until almost tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat. Add cream and seasoning; heat through. Add pasta and toss; heat through. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese if desired.

Servings: 2

Comment

I found that one too Kaci. But, it is the recipe for the newer version that they now serve...not the red pepper sauce.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Isn't Chili's, but could be close:

Pollo Rojo a la Fettuccini

This recipe is from an old Italian Mama we knew in New York, she made it so simple yet fragrant and delicioso!!
            4 servings

2 tbs. butter
            1 large garlic clove, minced
            1 tsp. salt
            1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
            1/2 pint cream
            2 chicken breasts
            1 8oz. pkg. fettuccini
            1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
            1 small onion, chopped

Cook noodles as directed on package

Slice chicken into small strips, cook in hot skillet with small amount of olive oil. Add chopped onions and bell pepper and cook till onions are golden brown. Set aside.

For sauce, melt butter, add garlic clove, then add cream and parmesan. Blend well and cook till thickened.

Add chicken mixture to sauce and pour over fettuccini and serve! Best when served with chilled white wine.

Comment

I used to get a low fat chicken veggie pasta years ago at chili's and loved it so much I re-created it. I don't recall it having red peppers in it because I don't like them.
              I had an electric wok and would make a huge batch of it.

I would saute' boneless skinless chicken breasts in 1 Tbs. oil.
              Then I would add:chopped sweet onion, zuchini, yellow squash, fresh garlic and saute' until tender. then I would add a can of diced tomatos with seasonings and 1 jar of healthy choice spagheti sauce.
              I would add my regular spaghetti seasonings and then add a whole box of fettucine noodles cooked al dente and toss well.

Plate up and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.

Low carb version: Use dreamfields pasta and low carb bread for garlic toast.
              This is absolutely delicious and makes a bunch for leftovers. It is very healthy and your family will never know!

Comment

Yes!!!!!! I also loved this dish. Why did they take it off the menu? Has anyone found the actual recipe?

Comment

Hi floridagirly68,
                  I prepared [FONT=Arial]Creamy Red Pepper Sauce[/FONT]at home by following the process what you said, it came awesome i like it, Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Comment

Working...
                  X