Knock your socks off chocolate dessert recipe needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock your socks off chocolate dessert recipe needed

Tomorrow I am going to a chocolate tasting put on by a lady in my church. I want to make something that won't be an all day thing to make, yet will knock the socks off of the eaters!

I would appreciate some GRRRRRRREAT recipes from you!
    Thanks,
    Gina
    John 10:9
    www.opendoorchili.org

How about a chocolate fondue?

1/2 c. heavy cream
    3 4oz bars Toblerone
    1 tablespoon Cognac or Rum
    Melt and keep warm

Serve with fresh fruit, pound cake bites, etc

Comment

Chocolate Crockpot Pudding Cake

Amazing moist, chocolaty, cake that is a cinch to make.

This is very rich and you don't need a lot (but you WANT a lot)

1 box chocolate cake mix
      1 Pkg. {3.9 oz.} instant chocolate pudding mix
      2 C sour cream
      4 eggs
      1 C water
      3/4 C vegetable oil
      1 C semisweet chocolate chips
      1 C chopped nuts (your choice) (optional)
      Whipped cream or ice cream -- optional

In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using). Pour into a 5-quart slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and cook on Low for 6-7 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.

Serve in bowls with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
      Last edited by Rubelishous; 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Search here for "sin cake" recipe. Melt some raspberry perserves and top with the whipped cream. Remember to use a good chocolate- If you have a trader joes nearby, use that.

Comment

If you like nuts, I have a great Hazelnut Torte.. which has mocha between the layers and covered in chocolate.
          Tessa

Comment

oops the sin cake takes 3 days to sit, so forget about that. Rubelishous crockpot recipe is a winner.. i have made that for pot lucks and have had great response

Comment

Go to www.hersheys.com.........lots of dessert recipes!!!

Comment

Cream Puff dessert
                made this yesterday, used vanilla pudding and added some chocolate syrup between layers, a very yummy keeper!!!!!!

Cream Puff Dessert
                by Moo

PATE A CHOUX or Crust
                4 eggs (room temp)
                1 cup water
                1/2 c. unsalted butter
                1 cup flour

FILLING:
                1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
                2 1/2 c. cold milk
                2 - 3.9 oz pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix

TOPPING:
                1 - 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
                1/4 cup chocolate syrup (I may use a "tad" more!)
                1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping (again, a tad more won't hurt!)

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to the boil. Add the flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from teh heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth (I use my stand mixer) Spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 -35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding until smooth. Spread over the completely cooled puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Spread with the whipped topping; refrigerate until serving time. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel toppings. You can do that on the dessert at as a whole OR do each individual slice! Sprinkle with nuts if desired. A stemmed cherry makes a nice presentation!

Store leftovers in the fridge. Makes 12 generous servings or 20 smaller ones!

Crust in oven ...really puffs up! once it cools it falls.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/martha-ann/DSC00353.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/martha-ann/creampuff.jpg
                Last edited by moo; 05-06-2008, 09:03 AM.
                A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

Moo - no pic comes up with your links

Comment

I copied and pasted that from link here. If you search cream puff dessert the original link should come up.
                    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

Rube, I Made Desserts For Dh To Take To Work Often, Think Your Crock Pot Cake Would Be Ok For Me To Make The Night Before Put In Fridge, Then Dh Take To Work And Plug In And It Will Be Ready For His Lunch? He Gets To Work At 6am, Lunch At Noon, And The Cake Would Be Ready By Then, But, Will It Be Ok You Think In The Fridge Uncooked All Night? I'm Too Lazy To Get Up At 5am To Put It Together Then! Lol

Comment

I would like to make the chocolate sin cake mentioned.

Unfortunately you can't search for 3 letter words like PIE or Crock POT or SIN.....

Does anyone know WHO posted it origianlly? Maybe I can search for it that way. ??

Comment

Slices Of Sin (serves 10-12)
                          by vjbme 12-03-2002 06:32 PM

I had to pass this recipe on. I made it for Thanksgiving and it is a chocolate-lover's dream come true! I wish I could remember where I got it because I would bow down to that person
                          (serves 10-12)

8 oz. semisweet chocolate (use a good brand)
                          1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (not instant)
                          2 sticks butter
                          1 cup sugar
                          4 eggs (do not pour in one bowl)
                          1 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350°

Line a glass loaf pan with foil and then butter foil(I only had light gray pan). In the top of a double boiler melt the chocolate in the coffee. Add the butter and sugar, stirring until the butter is melted.

Cool the mixture for 10 minutes then beat in 1 egg at a time. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes. (the sides of mine came up higher for some reason)

Set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway up the pan. The dessert will rise and fall as it cools.

When cool, wrap the pan well and refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks. (this helps set it).

When ready to serve unmold and slice and place a little whipped cream on a plate and a slice of sin on top.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          This is my note on the recipe:

The Whipping Cream does not go in the chocolate. It is the garnish. I
                          made this last week, and it has been so long since I whipped cream, I couldn't remember how......so I bought a can at the store.

Regards, Kathi
                          Last edited by Kathi Patterson; 05-07-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Nu - if he could put it on by 6:00 AM then it would be ready by noon. Otherwise, why not cook it overnight and just put it on low about 30 - 60 minutes before lunch?

Comment

[QUOTE=Rubelishous]Moo - no pic comes up with your links[/QUOTE]

Here are the pic's! I made folders in my photobucket accout awhile ago not realizing it would delete pic's.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/martha-ann/Food%20Sweets/DSC00353.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/martha-ann/Food%20Sweets/creampuff.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X