Pecan Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pecan Bars

I visited my mom in Illinois over the weekend and we went to dinner at Hometown Buffet... for dessert I tried a pecan bar it was similar to pecan pie but was cut into squares. this was the best pecan pie/bar i ever tried. Would love the recipe for this.

THIS ONE IS A WINNER!!!

Pecan Pie Cake
    by nommie

One of my DD's favorite-

Pecan Pie Cake

1 yellow cake mix
    1 egg
    1/2 c melted butter
    1-1/2 c light corn syrup
    3 eggs
    1/2 c dark brown sugar, packed
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 to 2 c chopped pecans

Mix cake mix, 1 egg, & melted butter until well blended. Reserve 2/3 cup of this batter. Spread the rest into a greased & floured 9X13" pan and bake ar 325 degree for 15 min or until slightly browned. Mix reserved batter with syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla pecans. Pour this on top of crust & cook about 50-60 min.

Comment

THESE ARE EXCELLENT ALSO.

Pecan Pie Muffins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PECAN PIE MUFFINS
      PREHEAT OVEN 350
      COMBINE :
      1C CHOPPED PECANS
      1C BROWN SUGAR
      1/2 C FLOUR

MELT 1/2C BUTTER BEAT IN 2 EGGS ADD DRY INGREDIENTS MIX WELL ADD 1 TSP VANILLA MIX FILL MUFFIN CUPS 2/3 FULL
      FOR REGULAR MUFFINS BAKE 20-25 MINS FOR MINI MUFFINS BAKE 16-18 MINS REMOVE IMMEDIATLY
      Last edited by nuisance; 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

These pecan squares are very rich, but so good.

Pecan Squares Copyright, 1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, All Rights Reserved

We make these all year long and when we want to go "over the top" we dip half of each square in warm chocolate.

Crust:
        1 1/4 pounds unsalted butter, room temperature
        3/4 cup granulated sugar
        3 extra-large eggs
        3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
        4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
        1/2 teaspoon baking powder
        1/4 teaspoon salt
        Topping:
        1 pound unsalted butter
        1 cup good honey
        3 cups light brown sugar, packed
        1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
        1 teaspoon grated orange zest
        1/4 cup heavy cream
        2 pounds pecans, coarsely chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
        For the crust, beat the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until light, approximately 3 minutes. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined. Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18 by 12 by 1-inch baking sheet, making an edge around the outside. It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour. Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned. Allow to cool.

For the topping, combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, and zests in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over low heat until the butter is melted, using a wooden spoon to stir. Raise the heat and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the heavy cream and pecans. Pour over the crust, trying not to get the filling between the crust and the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold. Cut into bars and serve.

Comment

I Think I'm Craving Pecan Pie Bars Now!!! Lol

Comment

This is from a community cookbook. My mom tried it, and she said they were great!

Pecan Pie Bars

Crust:

1/2 cup butter
            1/4 cup Crisco shortening
            3/4 cup confectioners sugar
            1 1/2 cups a.p. flour

Combine the butter and Crisco in a large mixing bowl, and beat until creamy. Add the confectioners sugar and mix well. Add flour and mix until incorporated. This makes a very stiff dough. Press the dough evenly in the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides of an ungreased 9X13 pan. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Filling:

3 eggs
            1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
            1 tsp. vanilla
            1/2 tsp. baking powder
            3 Tblsp. a.p. flour
            1 cup chopped pecans

In medium bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients. Stir gently with a fork, until well blended, do not beat. Add the pecans. Pour filling over the hot crust and spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.

Comment

Pecan Pie Bar Cookies

SHORTBREAD BASE

* 3/4 cup butter
              * 2 cups flour
              * 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
              * 1/2 teaspoon salt

FILLING

* 1/2 cup butter
              * 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
              * 1/3 cup honey
              * 2 tablespoons cream (I use MILK)
              * 1 teaspoon vanilla
              * 2 cups pecan, chopped

Directions

Shortbread base: mix above ingredients together until mixture is crumbly.
              Pat crumbs into a lightly-greased 13x9 inch pan.
              Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

While this is baking, prepare filling.

Filling: melt butter over low heat in small saucepan.
              Once melted, stir in remaining ingredients except for pecans.
              Simmer over low heat for about a minute.
              Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
              Pour mixture over hot crust and spread evenly.
              Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until center is bubbly.
              Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
              Cut into bars when cool.

Comment

Butter Tart Slices or PECAN SLICES

This is the easy way to have butter tarts. It is quick, easy and delicious. It is versatile and also freezes well.

C butter or margarine
                2 Tbsp icing sugar
                1 C All purpose flour
                1 C brown sugar, lightly packed
                C melted butter or margarine
                3 eggs
                1 Tbsp vinegar
                1 Tsp. Vanilla
                1 C Raisins or currents or nuts (PERHAPS PECANS) or both or neither
                Optional:
                1 C rolled oats - to make oat squares

Cream C butter and icing sugar. Blend in flour. Pat into a 9 x 9 pan. Bake for 5 minutes

Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over base.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until set. Cut into squares or fingers.

Alternatively, you can double the recipe and put it into an oblong pan. The base is thicker and more like shortbread.

Comment

Re: Pecan Bars

I have made these pecan squares for years ever since I picked up the Southern living special edition book. They are absolutely delicious and so much easier than making a pecan pie and taste just like it. Enjoy!

Pecan Squares

2 cups a/p flour
                  2/3 cup powdered sugar
                  3/4 cup butter softened
                  1/2 cup honey
                  2/3 cup butter
                  3 tablespoons whipping cream
                  3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

Sift together 2 cups flour and 2/3 cup powdered sugar. cut in 3/4 cup softened butter using a pastry blender or fork just un til mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes of untile edges are lightly browned. Cool.

Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in pecans and pour hot filling into prepared crust.

Bank at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden & bubbly. Cool completely before cutting into 2 inch squares.

Recipe from:
                  Southern Living / Special Edition
                  Judy Russell
                  Birmingham, AL

Comment

Working...
                  X