grilling chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grilling chicken

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone has some basic tips for grilling chicken breasts without them getting dried out or tough on the outside? I know there was one other post on the subject, but i am looking for more advice. I like to put a seasoning salt on them after i pound them out, and am wondering if i am just grilling them too long or too hot. We really like Chili's Chicken Caesar Salad and the chicken is always tender and moist. I wish ours would grill up more like that!

kp

yep, try grilling them on a maple plank. (soaked in water like you would do skewers for kabobs)
    Please google it, too many steps to explain it here, but really simple, just lots of explaining.
    moist and tender, yummy!
    our new favorite way to cook on the grill

Comment

Soak in a packet of French's meat marinade--makes it very good and moist, but of course don't overcook. Sadly, none of our local stores carries it anymore.

Comment

We pound boneless skinless breasts to about 1/2" thick and brine them. They turn out juicy and fork tender.

1/2 gallon water
        1/4 cup salt
        2 T. brown sugar, packed
        4-5 cloves garlic, crushed

Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Soak chicken for 8-10 hours.

When your ready to grill the chicken, dry each breast and rub with a bit of olive oil.

deb

Comment

definitely marinating helps a lot. even just a few hours.
          I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Definately marinade them but don't put salt while they are cooking, that will dry them out.

Comment

AND....... Grill on indirect heat.. I grill all my meats on indirect then scootch the meat over the coals at the last few minutes for the grill marks. A never fail way for juicy meats.

Comment

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am definitely going to give these a try!

Comment

Also put a good rub on it after brining.

Comment

Re: grilling chicken

We always marinate ours in italian dressing (the kind you make) and right before Hubby puts on the grill he sprinkles with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.

Very tasty.

Comment

I stopped using Chicken Breasts because of how dry it gets. I now use Chicken thighs...to be they are tastier in salads, etc.
                      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I found the perfect trick for moist chicken breasts when using a dry rub... Right after pulling them off the grill, wrap them tightly in foil, then let it rest for at least 20 minutes. It works everytime.

Comment

Working...
                        X